Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Spanish Online - compiled resources

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      Michael S, Carla and everyone.

      Here is what people sent me about learning Spanish online.

      Carla - if you'd like to start a Webheads Diigo or Delicious account
      just go ahead and tell us all about it and see what evolves. I'm sure
      something will ;-)

      - Michael

      ----------

      LEARNING SPANISH ONLINE

      Graham Stanley

      Spanish proficiency exercises on video:
      <http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/siteindex.php>http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/siteindex.php
      and again from Twitter, here's a student of Spanish who blogs/twitters about
      his learning: <http://www.spanish-only.com/>http://www.spanish-only.com/

      Gavin Dudeney

      Try www.netlanguages.com

      Jane Petring

      Another wonderful resource for learning Spanish is Notes in Spanish:
      <http://www.notesinspanish.com/>http://www.notesinspanish.com/ What
      started out as a fundraiser for
      a good cause through a series of podcasts back in 2006, has
      developed into an online Spanish language school for Ben and Maria,
      the British/Spanish couple that started it.

      Johanna Stirling

      Have you looked at the BBC Spanish courses and resources? Some great
      stuff here:
      <http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/>http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/

      Elizabeth HS

      I am really enjoying
      Babbel.com.(<http://www.babbel.com/>http://www.babbel.com/)

      There are sets of typical exercises, but done in a more imaginative
      way than the usual drill-and-grill. Also, when you enter the site
      there are short movies with a brief writing assignment. You write in
      Spanish and send it to "Community" or "Friends" (once you get some).
      They correct your Spanish, and you correct their English version in
      tandem learning. I have since starting acquired about a half dozen
      friends who correspond with me at the level I am capable of. It's
      really Community Language Learning. So after studying the
      Introductions exercises, I wrote a letter of introduction to send to
      my Spanish-speaking Friends list.

      Also Babbel has just added a chat function to have live meetings with
      Friends--I haven't set one up yet, as I've been traveling. And one of
      the people on my Friends list has requested a Skype conference. So
      it's fun and very encouraging. You can start with beginning lessons or
      select intermediate or advanced. I think it is already helping my
      facility in the language. It is motivating to see what Friends are doing.

      Carla Arena

      I'd recommend Live Mocha. <http://www.livemocha.com/>http://www.livemocha.com/
      Haven't been there in a while, but all this
      conversation has gotten me excited again to practice Spanish!

      Nik Peachey

      If you are looking to learn with a real online tutor you could
      explore <http://speakshop.com/>http://speakshop.com/

      Most of the tutors are based in South America and the project is set
      up inder a kind of 'fair trade ' model. The site acts as an agency
      that trains and helps to equip teachers in poorer countries so that
      they can earn money online internationally. You can find out a bit
      more about the project here:
      <http://speakshop.com/06_aboutus>http://speakshop.com/06_aboutus
      And the tutors here:
      <http://speakshop.com/02_tutors>http://speakshop.com/02_tutors

      Nelba

      Join
      <http://ar.groups.yahoo.com/group/idioma-espagnol/>http://ar.groups.yahoo.com/group/idioma-espagnol/
      There are some interesting LINKS to practise the language.

      Nelba is also organizing free Spanish sessions in Second Life.

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        Michael,

        You suggested and here it goes, our Diigo group.

        http://groups.diigo.com/groups/webheads

        Now, waiting for you all there! I've already added all the links you
        compiled here for Spanish practice.

        For the ones who are not sure how Diigo works, please let us know and I
        could help you out. Also,
        early this year in the learningwithcomputers group we had a 4-week session
        on Diigo and you can take a look at all the resources at
        http://learningwithcomputers07.pbwiki.com/online_bookmarking

        Let the Webheads start digging!

        Beijos,
        Carla