Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Appreciation where it is due

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
      Great News Robert!
      Congrats and keep us posted about the 'new adventure!

      xx
      cris

      Cris Costa
      Site: www.knowmansland.com
      Blog: http://knowmansland.com/learningpath
      Twitter: cristinacost
      Skype: navysternchen

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
        I will be adding my testimony to the wiki soon too!
        I owe so much to this wonderful community.
        ;-)

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
          Dear Robert,

          I saw your testimonial on the wiki before I read this here on the group.
          What wonderful news! You deserve it. I'll never forget that dinner we had in
          New York where you came in, sat, and Claire asked you, "who are you?", and
          then you revealed yourself! I'm so glad you've surfaced and have been
          sharing and giving so much to this group.
          http://flickr.com/photos/carlaarena/2402636124/in/set-72157604412851519/

          Well, as we're celebrating, let's toast to the Webheads! Erika and I are
          also celebrating with our promotion. And we have to thank the Webheads, as
          well, for what we've learned for the past three years with all the wonderful
          and bright souls around. What we have learned here wouldn't have been
          possible in a lifetime with our previous lack of connectivity!!! What we
          learn here, we try to share with the ones around us. Sometimes our
          enthusiasm encourage our colleagues, other times they feel it's too much for
          them, but we never give up à la Webhead spirit!

          Cheers and congrats, Robert!

          Beijos
          Carla
          http://explorations.bloxi.jp
          http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com

          On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM, robertisquires <robert.squires@...
          > wrote:

          > Dear Webheads,
          > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
          > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
          > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
          > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
          > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
          > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
          > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
          >
          > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
          > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
          > my little piece there. Here is the link:
          > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
          >
          > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
          > those who make it a reality.
          >
          > Robert

        • Barbara Dieu
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
            Congrats, Robert and way to go! Good luck in your new job.
            Warm regards from Brazil,
            Bee

            --
            Barbara Dieu
            http://barbaradieu.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
              Congrats Robert! You really deserve it. In the short time I've been in
              the Enhancing Lessons team, I've been constantly amazed at your
              commitment, generosity and creativity. And, I should also add, at your
              patience with those of us lagging behind.
              I'm so happy for you!
              Cheers,
              Mary

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "robertisquires"
              <robert.squires@...> wrote:

              > Dear Webheads,
              > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
              > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
              > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
              > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
              > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
              > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
              > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
              >
              > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
              > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
              > my little piece there. Here is the link:
              > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
              >
              > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
              > those who make it a reality.
              >
              > Robert

            • Rita Zeinstejer
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                What an achievement, dear Robert! Yet, it doesn't surprise me, since
                during the little time we've shared preparing Enhancing Lessons I've
                managed to appreciate your proficiency in producing online material
                and activities, as well as in dealing with people, most generously
                and efficiently.
                It's my honour to be part of your group.
                Rita

                <robert.squires@...> wrote:

                > Dear Webheads,
                > I have just accepted a new position as an
                instructional
                > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of
                you
                > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least
                few
                > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that
                this
                > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                >
                > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration
                and
                > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I
                added
                > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                >
                > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to
                all
                > those who make it a reality.
                >
                > Robert

              • Susana Canelo
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Congratulations Robert !!!
                  I'm sure a lot of people are going to be favored with your work !!
                  Thanks for sharing the good news with us.

                  Good luck and a huge hug
                  Susana

                  > I have just accepted a new position as an
                  > instructional
                  > designer for online programs at the University of Montana.
                  > I will
                  > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank
                  > all of you
                  > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over
                  > the least few
                  > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful
                  > community I
                  > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope
                  > that this
                  > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                  >
                  > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead
                  > collaboration and
                  > share the impact of the Webheads on professional
                  > development. I added
                  > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                  > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                  >
                  > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well
                  > done to all
                  > those who make it a reality.
                  >
                  > Robert

                  Yahoo! Cocina
                  Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
                  http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
                • Maria Victoria Saumell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Congratulations, Robert!!!
                    And thanks to the webheads, who are such an inspiration and help!

                    Vicky Saumell
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Dear Robert,

                      It's great to hear such good news, to know that your work is being
                      acknowledged and that you're being given a promotion due to your hard work
                      and commitment.

                      Congrats to you! I'm really happy! :-))

                      Keep spreading the great Webhead knowledge and spirit!

                      Hugs and beijinhos, Teresa
                    • Seth Dickens
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                        Congratulations Robert!

                        Yet another great reason to be a webhead! I try to bring the webheads
                        into every teacher - training seminar I do. Now I can tell my
                        colleagues that it really will improve your career prospects too :D

                        Wishing you all the best at the university. I'm sure you'll have great
                        fun!

                        Seth Dickens.