Re : [evonline2002_webheads] Appreciation where it is due

  • Moira Hunter
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30 11:32 PM
      Brilliant news Robert!  Congratulations :-)

      Moira

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
        Robert,

        That's such good news! The job market has been really competitive due to economic crisis. Congratulations and good luck in Montana!

        Serpil

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
          Great News Robert!
          Congrats and keep us posted about the 'new adventure!

          xx
          cris

          Cris Costa
          Site: www.knowmansland.com
          Blog: http://knowmansland.com/learningpath
          Twitter: cristinacost
          Skype: navysternchen

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
            I will be adding my testimony to the wiki soon too!
            I owe so much to this wonderful community.
            ;-)

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
              Dear Robert,

              I saw your testimonial on the wiki before I read this here on the group.
              What wonderful news! You deserve it. I'll never forget that dinner we had in
              New York where you came in, sat, and Claire asked you, "who are you?", and
              then you revealed yourself! I'm so glad you've surfaced and have been
              sharing and giving so much to this group.
              http://flickr.com/photos/carlaarena/2402636124/in/set-72157604412851519/

              Well, as we're celebrating, let's toast to the Webheads! Erika and I are
              also celebrating with our promotion. And we have to thank the Webheads, as
              well, for what we've learned for the past three years with all the wonderful
              and bright souls around. What we have learned here wouldn't have been
              possible in a lifetime with our previous lack of connectivity!!! What we
              learn here, we try to share with the ones around us. Sometimes our
              enthusiasm encourage our colleagues, other times they feel it's too much for
              them, but we never give up à la Webhead spirit!

              Cheers and congrats, Robert!

              Beijos
              Carla
              http://explorations.bloxi.jp
              http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com

              On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM, robertisquires <robert.squires@...
              > wrote:

              > Dear Webheads,
              > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
              > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
              > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
              > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
              > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
              > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
              > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
              >
              > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
              > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
              > my little piece there. Here is the link:
              > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
              >
              > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
              > those who make it a reality.
              >
              > Robert

            • Barbara Dieu
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                Congrats, Robert and way to go! Good luck in your new job.
                Warm regards from Brazil,
                Bee

                --
                Barbara Dieu
                http://barbaradieu.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Congrats Robert! You really deserve it. In the short time I've been in
                  the Enhancing Lessons team, I've been constantly amazed at your
                  commitment, generosity and creativity. And, I should also add, at your
                  patience with those of us lagging behind.
                  I'm so happy for you!
                  Cheers,
                  Mary

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "robertisquires"
                  <robert.squires@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
                  > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                  > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
                  > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
                  > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                  > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
                  > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                  >
                  > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
                  > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
                  > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                  > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                  >
                  > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
                  > those who make it a reality.
                  >
                  > Robert

                • Rita Zeinstejer
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                    What an achievement, dear Robert! Yet, it doesn't surprise me, since
                    during the little time we've shared preparing Enhancing Lessons I've
                    managed to appreciate your proficiency in producing online material
                    and activities, as well as in dealing with people, most generously
                    and efficiently.
                    It's my honour to be part of your group.
                    Rita

                    <robert.squires@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Webheads,
                    > I have just accepted a new position as an
                    instructional
                    > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                    > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of
                    you
                    > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least
                    few
                    > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                    > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that
                    this
                    > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                    >
                    > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration
                    and
                    > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I
                    added
                    > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                    > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                    >
                    > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to
                    all
                    > those who make it a reality.
                    >
                    > Robert

                  • Susana Canelo
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Congratulations Robert !!!
                      I'm sure a lot of people are going to be favored with your work !!
                      Thanks for sharing the good news with us.

                      Good luck and a huge hug
                      Susana

                      > I have just accepted a new position as an
                      > instructional
                      > designer for online programs at the University of Montana.
                      > I will
                      > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank
                      > all of you
                      > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over
                      > the least few
                      > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful
                      > community I
                      > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope
                      > that this
                      > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                      >
                      > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead
                      > collaboration and
                      > share the impact of the Webheads on professional
                      > development. I added
                      > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                      > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                      >
                      > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well
                      > done to all
                      > those who make it a reality.
                      >
                      > Robert

                      Yahoo! Cocina
                      Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
                      http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
                    • Maria Victoria Saumell
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Congratulations, Robert!!!
                        And thanks to the webheads, who are such an inspiration and help!

                        Vicky Saumell
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Dear Robert,

                          It's great to hear such good news, to know that your work is being
                          acknowledged and that you're being given a promotion due to your hard work
                          and commitment.

                          Congrats to you! I'm really happy! :-))

                          Keep spreading the great Webhead knowledge and spirit!

                          Hugs and beijinhos, Teresa
                        • Seth Dickens
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                            Congratulations Robert!

                            Yet another great reason to be a webhead! I try to bring the webheads
                            into every teacher - training seminar I do. Now I can tell my
                            colleagues that it really will improve your career prospects too :D

                            Wishing you all the best at the university. I'm sure you'll have great
                            fun!

                            Seth Dickens.