Appreciation where it is due

  • robertisquires
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2008
      Dear Webheads,
      I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
      designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
      start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
      for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
      years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
      would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
      move will also allow me to share more with this group.

      Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
      share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
      my little piece there. Here is the link:
      http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement

      It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
      those who make it a reality.

      Robert
    • Andreas Auwärter
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2008
        Robert. Thats Awesome news and congratulations 4 this new challenge.

        Mit lieben Grüßen aus Koblenz
        von Andreas Auwärter.

        Am 01.12.2008 um 05:19 schrieb "robertisquires" <robert.squires@...
        >:

        > Dear Webheads,
        > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
        > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
        > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
        > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
        > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
        > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
        > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
        >
        > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
        > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
        > my little piece there. Here is the link:
        > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
        >
        > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
        > those who make it a reality.
        >
        > Robert
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and extraneous
        > text from reply BUT retain info to help retain context :-) http://webheads.infoYahoo
        > ! Groups Links

      • Moira Hunter
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2008
          Brilliant news Robert!  Congratulations :-)

          Moira

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
            Robert,

            That's such good news! The job market has been really competitive due to economic crisis. Congratulations and good luck in Montana!

            Serpil

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
              Great News Robert!
              Congrats and keep us posted about the 'new adventure!

              xx
              cris

              Cris Costa
              Site: www.knowmansland.com
              Blog: http://knowmansland.com/learningpath
              Twitter: cristinacost
              Skype: navysternchen

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                I will be adding my testimony to the wiki soon too!
                I owe so much to this wonderful community.
                ;-)

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Dear Robert,

                  I saw your testimonial on the wiki before I read this here on the group.
                  What wonderful news! You deserve it. I'll never forget that dinner we had in
                  New York where you came in, sat, and Claire asked you, "who are you?", and
                  then you revealed yourself! I'm so glad you've surfaced and have been
                  sharing and giving so much to this group.
                  http://flickr.com/photos/carlaarena/2402636124/in/set-72157604412851519/

                  Well, as we're celebrating, let's toast to the Webheads! Erika and I are
                  also celebrating with our promotion. And we have to thank the Webheads, as
                  well, for what we've learned for the past three years with all the wonderful
                  and bright souls around. What we have learned here wouldn't have been
                  possible in a lifetime with our previous lack of connectivity!!! What we
                  learn here, we try to share with the ones around us. Sometimes our
                  enthusiasm encourage our colleagues, other times they feel it's too much for
                  them, but we never give up à la Webhead spirit!

                  Cheers and congrats, Robert!

                  Beijos
                  Carla
                  http://explorations.bloxi.jp
                  http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com

                  On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM, robertisquires <robert.squires@...
                  > wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
                  > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                  > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
                  > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
                  > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                  > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
                  > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                  >
                  > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
                  > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
                  > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                  > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                  >
                  > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
                  > those who make it a reality.
                  >
                  > Robert

                • Barbara Dieu
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Congrats, Robert and way to go! Good luck in your new job.
                    Warm regards from Brazil,
                    Bee

                    --
                    Barbara Dieu
                    http://barbaradieu.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Congrats Robert! You really deserve it. In the short time I've been in
                      the Enhancing Lessons team, I've been constantly amazed at your
                      commitment, generosity and creativity. And, I should also add, at your
                      patience with those of us lagging behind.
                      I'm so happy for you!
                      Cheers,
                      Mary

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "robertisquires"
                      <robert.squires@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Webheads,
                      > I have just accepted a new position as an instructional
                      > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                      > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of you
                      > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least few
                      > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                      > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that this
                      > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                      >
                      > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration and
                      > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I added
                      > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                      > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                      >
                      > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to all
                      > those who make it a reality.
                      >
                      > Robert

                    • Rita Zeinstejer
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                        What an achievement, dear Robert! Yet, it doesn't surprise me, since
                        during the little time we've shared preparing Enhancing Lessons I've
                        managed to appreciate your proficiency in producing online material
                        and activities, as well as in dealing with people, most generously
                        and efficiently.
                        It's my honour to be part of your group.
                        Rita

                        <robert.squires@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Webheads,
                        > I have just accepted a new position as an
                        instructional
                        > designer for online programs at the University of Montana. I will
                        > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank all of
                        you
                        > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over the least
                        few
                        > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful community I
                        > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope that
                        this
                        > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                        >
                        > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead collaboration
                        and
                        > share the impact of the Webheads on professional development. I
                        added
                        > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                        > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                        >
                        > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well done to
                        all
                        > those who make it a reality.
                        >
                        > Robert

                      • Susana Canelo
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Congratulations Robert !!!
                          I'm sure a lot of people are going to be favored with your work !!
                          Thanks for sharing the good news with us.

                          Good luck and a huge hug
                          Susana

                          > I have just accepted a new position as an
                          > instructional
                          > designer for online programs at the University of Montana.
                          > I will
                          > start at the end of this month. I would just like to thank
                          > all of you
                          > for providing such wonderful learning opportunities over
                          > the least few
                          > years. I know that without belonging to this powerful
                          > community I
                          > would not have been in a position to accept the job. I hope
                          > that this
                          > move will also allow me to share more with this group.
                          >
                          > Nina Liakos created a wiki to keep track of Webhead
                          > collaboration and
                          > share the impact of the Webheads on professional
                          > development. I added
                          > my little piece there. Here is the link:
                          > http://webheadscop.pbwiki.com/Professional-Advancement
                          >
                          > It is a dream that such a learning community exists. Well
                          > done to all
                          > those who make it a reality.
                          >
                          > Robert

                          Yahoo! Cocina
                          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
                          http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
                        • Maria Victoria Saumell
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                            Congratulations, Robert!!!
                            And thanks to the webheads, who are such an inspiration and help!

                            Vicky Saumell
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 1, 2008
                              Dear Robert,

                              It's great to hear such good news, to know that your work is being
                              acknowledged and that you're being given a promotion due to your hard work
                              and commitment.

                              Congrats to you! I'm really happy! :-))

                              Keep spreading the great Webhead knowledge and spirit!

                              Hugs and beijinhos, Teresa
                            • Seth Dickens
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 2, 2008
                                Congratulations Robert!

                                Yet another great reason to be a webhead! I try to bring the webheads
                                into every teacher - training seminar I do. Now I can tell my
                                colleagues that it really will improve your career prospects too :D

                                Wishing you all the best at the university. I'm sure you'll have great
                                fun!

                                Seth Dickens.