oops I forgot

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2002
      I'm very sorry. I made a conscientious effort to remember Aiden's class on Wednesday, even making note of the event the night before. Then on Wed at work I guess I got busy and forgot about it.

      I hope all it really needed was Michael. Still, profuse apologies,

      Vance

      Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:54:30 -0000
      From: "Dafne" <dygonza@...>
      Subject: Re: second TI meeting and Aiden's class

      Sus and I were at Tapped In from 15:00 to 16:00 GMT, we were in my
      office chit chatting, when we realized Aiden was in the reception,
      Sus teleported there, but she had already left.
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
        There is no need for an apology, Vance. Michael handled the event quite fabulously. It was however, a bit frantic on my end. My internet connection was rather unstable and I was repeatedly catapulted out of the conference room. Asking for an invitation to get back into the conference once or twice is fairly acceptable but having to be invited back in for more than 10 times is utterly insane.
        My students were brave enough to carry on the discussion and they were pretty much focused on the topic. It would have been a very successful conference if not for the technological foul ups. I was desperately chaos navigating (maneuvering is more like it) and in the most ironic sense, technology became our biggest hurdle and conspicuously became the "end" rather than the "means to an end". I am really hoping that we could use another chat venue that allows voice (and video?). Wouldn't it be really superb to just concentrate on the topic and go smoothly with the flow of discussions without having to worry about being knocked off? I can't wait for the new TI version.
        Inspite of all this, my students and I were able to salvage transcripts but I'm afraid they're all we've got. I wasn't able to take a snap shot of Michael's webcam (btw, Michael was sporting this new look, hair neatly pressed and combed, suave to the max!).
        I will be setting up a webpage for post-teacher-student conference and will include Michael's and my own comments about this online activity.
        I'll give an update as soon as it's finished.
        Aiden

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
          Dear Aiden,

          I do know what you went through -- "having to be invited back in for more
          than 10 times is utterly insane" -- and Vance does, too, because he had to
          put up with my stubbornness a couple of months ago.

          Congrats to your students, Michael and you on the success!

          BTW, didn't you feel your ears quite warm between 16:30-17:00 and then again
          at 18:00 your time today? You and your students were referred in the paper
          and then a couple of times during Q&A time!!!

          Hugs, Teresa

          > There is no need for an apology, Vance. Michael handled the event quite
          fabulously. It was however, a bit frantic on my end. My internet connection
          was rather unstable and I was repeatedly catapulted out of the conference
          room. Asking for an invitation to get back into the conference once or twice
          is fairly acceptable but having to be invited back in for more than 10 times
          is utterly insane.
          > My students were brave enough to carry on the discussion and they were
          pretty much focused on the topic. It would have been a very successful
          conference if not for the technological foul ups. I was desperately chaos
          navigating (maneuvering is more like it) and in the most ironic sense,
          technology became our biggest hurdle and conspicuously became the "end"
          rather than the "means to an end". I am really hoping that we could use
          another chat venue that allows voice (and video?). Wouldn't it be really
          superb to just concentrate on the topic and go smoothly with the flow of
          discussions without having to worry about being knocked off? I can't wait
          for the new TI version.
          > Inspite of all this, my students and I were able to salvage transcripts
          but I'm afraid they're all we've got. I wasn't able to take a snap shot of
          Michael's webcam (btw, Michael was sporting this new look, hair neatly
          pressed and combed, suave to the max!).
          > I will be setting up a webpage for post-teacher-student conference and
          will include Michael's and my own comments about this online activity.
          > I'll give an update as soon as it's finished.
          > Aiden
        • dafne Chavez
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
            I know what you are talking about, yesterday I had a chat discussion group with the two f2f teachers, and the two external observers (Sus, one of them) who collaborated with me in the online module, and I was disconnected a couple of times. It feels very bad, especiallly when you are together with people who do not have much experience with this technological affairs.
            Aiden, I read the logs from your session, and really regret having missed the event.
            hugs for you both,
            Daf
            Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:Dear Aiden,

            I do know what you went through -- "having to be invited back in for more
            than 10 times is utterly insane" -- and Vance does, too, because he had to
            put up with my stubbornness a couple of months ago.

            Congrats to your students, Michael and you on the success!

            BTW, didn't you feel your ears quite warm between 16:30-17:00 and then again
            at 18:00 your time today? You and your students were referred in the paper
            and then a couple of times during Q&A time!!!

            Hugs, Teresa

            > There is no need for an apology, Vance. Michael handled the event quite
            fabulously. It was however, a bit frantic on my end. My internet connection
            was rather unstable and I was repeatedly catapulted out of the conference
            room. Asking for an invitation to get back into the conference once or twice
            is fairly acceptable but having to be invited back in for more than 10 times
            is utterly insane.
            > My students were brave enough to carry on the discussion and they were
            pretty much focused on the topic. It would have been a very successful
            conference if not for the technological foul ups. I was desperately chaos
            navigating (maneuvering is more like it) and in the most ironic sense,
            technology became our biggest hurdle and conspicuously became the "end"
            rather than the "means to an end". I am really hoping that we could use
            another chat venue that allows voice (and video?). Wouldn't it be really
            superb to just concentrate on the topic and go smoothly with the flow of
            discussions without having to worry about being knocked off? I can't wait
            for the new TI version.
            > Inspite of all this, my students and I were able to salvage transcripts
            but I'm afraid they're all we've got. I wasn't able to take a snap shot of
            Michael's webcam (btw, Michael was sporting this new look, hair neatly
            pressed and combed, suave to the max!).
            > I will be setting up a webpage for post-teacher-student conference and
            will include Michael's and my own comments about this online activity.
            > I'll give an update as soon as it's finished.
            > Aiden

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Syllabus: