Re: Congratulations USA!

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 7, 2008
      I read in today's paper a quote from the early 1900's said by a former
      slave who became a preacher. The quote was later used in Martin Luther
      King's speech in Hawaii just before Obama was born. It seems
      appropriate now:

      We ain't what we wanna be, we ain't what we oughta be, we ain't what we
      gonna be, but thank God, we ain't what we was!

      Try teaching that one!

      Lots of audaciously hopeful hugs,

      Jane
    • Michael Marzio
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 7, 2008
        God, that's brilliant, Jane. We sure ain't what we was.

        > We ain't what we wanna be, we ain't what we oughta be,
        > we ain't what we gonna be, but thank God, we ain't
        > what we was!
        >
        > Try teaching that one!
        >
        > Lots of audaciously hopeful hugs,
        >
        > Jane
      • Michael Marzio
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 7, 2008
          Sorry I'm bombarding you all,

          But right after replying to Jane about MLK's use of what the slave
          said in one of his speeches, I discovered a very funny video making
          fun of myself and all you other Obamaniacs:

          Don't miss this clip:
          http://tinyurl.com/56qhzr

          Mike

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Jane Petring"