Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Obama's Speech with Spanish, French subtitles

  • Michael Shade
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2008
      Compañeros,

      Robert - thanks for this - I had seen folks talking about dotsub here,
      but had never looked at it myself.

      A student in my Advanced Spanish class on Wednesday evening pointed us
      to this version on El País: http://www.elpais.com/videos/

      [At the moment it's at the top of the page, by the time you see this
      they may have moved it to the archive, which they only seem to
      maintain for a month.]

      It's the whole speech as broadcast by CNN Spanish service, with a
      simultaneous interpretation in Spanish which is an absolute tour de
      force (as we say in English). The speech, and the interpretation, had
      us all in tears of joy - and that doesn't happen often in my classes!

      "¡Hola Chicago! Si hay alguien por ahí . . . . "

      I'd love to make it available for students - and colleagues - but El
      Pais don't seem to offer embedding code, or even a permanent url. So
      I've made a screen copy using SnapzPro (Mac), so as not to lose it. I
      haven't yet chased it up on CNN.

      There are other versions in Spanish on YouTube, but none as good as
      this one.

      Un saludo a todos,

      Michael