Re: Amazing Technology!!!

  • Michael Marzio
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 29, 2008
      Extremely cool find, John,

      I've avoided talking politics in the esl world for fear of alienating
      friends, even dear friends in this community who are not voting
      Obama. I know there is at least one, and hope this person excuses me
      for this positive reply to your post.

      But as a lost, idealistic civil rights worker in Alabama, during
      summer and other school vacations in '66 and '67, I have to approve
      of your message publicly. I feel like those efforts of so many years
      ago are finally going to pay off.

      Although he won't meet all - perhaps not even many - of our
      expectations, I have a feeling he's going to bring us all a lot
      closer on the international level. After our hoped-for victory, the
      international cooperative spirit of the Webheads will probably
      manifest itself within a much broader context that we haven't yet
      imagined.

      Mike

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, John Hibbs
      <skipper@...> wrote:

      > Many of you know I'm a big Obama fan. As I know that many of you
      are too.

      > One reason I like this amazing man so much is that he has shown the
      > whole wide world - or at least those who have their eyes at least
      > partly open - the power of the Web.
      >
      > If you would like a recent example of this, please view this video
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/6e8gop
      >

      > I thought about sending a few dozen of these individual Webheads;
      > then thought -- no, they can well imagine how this "looks" when
      > customized. And, worse, I would miss some people that would be as
      > amazed as I was by it.
      >
      > Powerful, powerful stuff....of a kind that we would like to feature
      > during those summer conferences I hope to host here in the Great
      > Northwest (Home of the Ducks), Eugene, Oregon.
      >
      > Cheers..

    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 29, 2008
        Thank you Mike. I marched in the early 60's in Alabama, so I know
        something about guys like you.

        I did not mean to bring "politics" into the Webheads group.

        I DID mean to point to incredible examples that show the power of
        customized videos. I had never seen anything quite like this
        http://tinyurl.com/6e8gop

        Even my truly nerdy software gurus don't know how this was created.