Re: Computer-mediated activities according to learning styles

  • waoe@mail.goo.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2008
      Sorry to have been out of touch and not able to join some of you
      at World CALL in Hiroshima. To paraphrase Vance, I know I'm a hippie,
      but I don't know if I'm a Webhead. This year we enjoyed some guests
      in Nagoya of whom there is no doubt: Michael Coghlan and Gavin Dudeney.
      Phil Hubbard, if he's out there, can also vouch for my guilelessness.

      Regarding this question, the following articles may be of reference:

      "Japanese Learning Styles in Cross-Cultural Online Education"
      CALL Review, Winter 2007, pp. 12-15.
      IATEFL Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (December 2007)
      http://docs.google.com/View?docid=djszdhm_1017pc62gdz

      "Social Networking Behind Student Lines with Mixi"
      Proceedings of the Second International Wireless Ready Symposium:
      Interactivity, Collaboration and Feedback in Language Learning Technologies,
      pp. 40-48 (September 2008)
      http://wirelessready.nucba.ac.jp/McCarty2008.pdf

      "Cultural, Disciplinary and Temporal Contexts of e-Learning
      and English as a Foreign Language"
      eLearn Magazine: Research Papers
      New York City: Association for Computing Machinery (April 2005)
      http://www.elearnmag.org/subpage.cfm?section=research&article=4-1

      and other articles available from
      http://www.waoe.org/steve/epublist.html

      Steve McCarty