Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Mind maps

  • Joao Alves
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hi Violeta,

      I don't exactly which mind map suits you best, so I send you the link to my
      delicious account where you can find 12 different examples of mindmapping.
      Hope one is the right for you.
      http://delicious.com/joaoa/mindmapping

      Cheers,
      Joao

      2008/8/4 vcautin <violeta.cautin@...>

      > Hi Webheads!
      > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind maps.
      > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
      > Thanks.
      > Violeta.

      Joao Alves
      http://joaocarlosalves.eu

    • Silvia Andreoli
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
        I have been using Bubbl.us <http://bubbl.us/> as it proved to be a
        very easy tool to use and it helped students experienced collaborative
        online editing.
        You can visit our blog
        <http://challengeeducation.blogspot.com/2008/06/mind-mapping.html> and
        see what a group has done after reading a text about Scuba-Diving.
        Best wishes,
        Silvia

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, vcautin
        <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

        > Hi Webheads!
        > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind
        maps.
        > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
        > Thanks.
        > Violeta.

      • vcautin
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
          Wow, thanks for your prompt responses.
          I will take some time to read and explore all the possibilities you are
          suggesting.
          Thank you again!

        • Richard Turnbull
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
            Violeta - I agree with Silvia... I think bubbl.us is an excellent tool and
            it has proved popular with my students. A way to export any mindmaps you
            create with it is to install the (free) pdf995 creator
            (http://www.pdf995.com/) - this adds an extra option in your print menu, so
            in bubbl.us, just go to setup and print, select pdf995 in the print menu and
            hey presto, a pdf with your mindmap.

            Good luck!
            Richard

            __________________________

            Richard Turnbull - TEFL Tech

            http://www.tefltech.com

            http://tefltech.blogspot.com

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , vcautin
            <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

            > Hi Webheads!
            > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind
            maps.
            > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
            > Thanks.
            > Violeta.

          • Joao Alves
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
              See, Violeta, how dear and popular you are among the Webheads? :-)

              Best wishes,
              Joao

              2008/8/4 vcautin <violeta.cautin@...>

              > Wow, thanks for your prompt responses.
              > I will take some time to read and explore all the possibilities you are
              > suggesting.
              > Thank you again!

              Joao Alves
              http://joaocarlosalves.eu