Mind maps

  • vcautin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hi Webheads!
      Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind maps.
      I want to be able to export them in pdf.
      Thanks.
      Violeta.

    • Joao Alves
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
        Hi Violeta,

        I don't exactly which mind map suits you best, so I send you the link to my
        delicious account where you can find 12 different examples of mindmapping.
        Hope one is the right for you.
        http://delicious.com/joaoa/mindmapping

        Cheers,
        Joao

        2008/8/4 vcautin <violeta.cautin@...>

        > Hi Webheads!
        > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind maps.
        > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
        > Thanks.
        > Violeta.

        Joao Alves
        http://joaocarlosalves.eu

      • Silvia Andreoli
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
          I have been using Bubbl.us <http://bubbl.us/> as it proved to be a
          very easy tool to use and it helped students experienced collaborative
          online editing.
          You can visit our blog
          <http://challengeeducation.blogspot.com/2008/06/mind-mapping.html> and
          see what a group has done after reading a text about Scuba-Diving.
          Best wishes,
          Silvia

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, vcautin
          <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

          > Hi Webheads!
          > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind
          maps.
          > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
          > Thanks.
          > Violeta.

        • vcautin
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
            Wow, thanks for your prompt responses.
            I will take some time to read and explore all the possibilities you are
            suggesting.
            Thank you again!

          • Richard Turnbull
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
              Violeta - I agree with Silvia... I think bubbl.us is an excellent tool and
              it has proved popular with my students. A way to export any mindmaps you
              create with it is to install the (free) pdf995 creator
              (http://www.pdf995.com/) - this adds an extra option in your print menu, so
              in bubbl.us, just go to setup and print, select pdf995 in the print menu and
              hey presto, a pdf with your mindmap.

              Good luck!
              Richard

              __________________________

              Richard Turnbull - TEFL Tech

              http://www.tefltech.com

              http://tefltech.blogspot.com

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , vcautin
              <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

              > Hi Webheads!
              > Just to ask if you could recommend a good free tool to create mind
              maps.
              > I want to be able to export them in pdf.
              > Thanks.
              > Violeta.

            • Joao Alves
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
                See, Violeta, how dear and popular you are among the Webheads? :-)

                Best wishes,
                Joao

                2008/8/4 vcautin <violeta.cautin@...>

                > Wow, thanks for your prompt responses.
                > I will take some time to read and explore all the possibilities you are
                > suggesting.
                > Thank you again!

                Joao Alves
                http://joaocarlosalves.eu