Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: 55-minute video on YouTube?

  • Joao Alves
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hi Gladys,

      That same question was made by someone before and someone else answered that
      before it was possible to upload such big videos but not anymore. If I
      remember well, those people that had accounts at that time, still preserve
      that possiblity to upload large files but new accounts can only upload
      videos to a limit of 10 MB.

      Joao

      --
      Joao Alves
      http://joaocarlosalves.eu

    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
        Maybe this is the answer:

        Can I upload videos that are longer than 10 minutes?

        You can no longer upload videos longer than ten minutes regardless of
        what type of account you have. Users who had previously been allowed
        to upload longer content still retain this ability, so you may
        occasionally see videos that are longer than ten minutes.

        from
        <http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=71673&ctx=sibling>http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=71673&ctx=...

        - Michael

        ----------

        At 01:01 AM 8/5/2008, you wrote:

        >Hi Gladys,
        >
        >That same question was made by someone before and someone else answered that
        >before it was possible to upload such big videos but not anymore. If I
        >remember well, those people that had accounts at that time, still preserve
        >that possiblity to upload large files but new accounts can only upload
        >videos to a limit of 10 MB.
        >
        >Joao
        >
        >2008/8/4 Gladys Baya
        ><<mailto:gladysbaya%40yahoo.com.ar>gladysbaya@...>:
        >
        > > Silly question from me, as I get ready to enjoy this video with so
        > > many praises so far:
        > >
        > > How could they upload such a long movie onto YouTube when I get the
        > > message:
        > >
        > > "Your video is limited to 10 minutes and 1024 MB."
        > >
        > > if I try to upload something? Do you get other options by paying for
        > > them, or by uploading more and more???
        > >
        > > Just wondering,
        > > Gladys
        > >
        > > --- In
        > <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > John Hibbs <skipper@...>
        > > wrote:
        > > ...55 minutes ...
        > >
        > <<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPAO-lZ4_hU>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPAO-lZ4_hU>
        > >

        >--
        >Joao Alves
        ><http://joaocarlosalves.eu>http://joaocarlosalves.eu

        >8/3/2008 1:00 PM

      • Gladys Baya
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2008
          Thanks Mike and Joao for clearing this up for me!

          Next question then: best site for uploading a 15-minute video recorded
          in .3GP (on my MP5/PMP)? It's just a class activity, so I'm not
          interested in availability to large audiences (though publicity is not
          a concern).

          If format conversion was avoidable, I'd be delighted... Not that it's
          a big issue for this video in particular, but thinking ahead...

          Thanks for your ongoing support!

          Gladys

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan