Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Lee Baber

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 2, 2008
      Dear Jeff,

      Though very sad news, thanks for letting us know. Our extended Webhead
      family is very saddened and smaller today. May Lee rest in peace and,
      wherever she is, continue to see what the Webheads do throughout the world,
      starting with the World CALL Conference in Japan in the next few days.

      Hugs all, Teresa
    • Hala Fawzi
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2008
        Elderbob,

        Your words brought tears to my eyes!

         I have seen Lee's name, photos, and soul, in many webheads' platforms. I  hope that she died peacefully and I wish her family strength to come over these moments.The death of ones you know, no matter how strong one is, presents many challenges for us to face.

        The  death of a webhead indeed brings sadness to the whole webheads family.

        "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away; Blessed by the Name
        of the Lord."

        Hala

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2008
          Hello all from Seoul,

          Saddened to hear of the death of a most excellent webhead and
          worldbridger.

          Paul Allison reports that there is a memorial here:
          http://edtechtalk.com/comment/reply/3242

          And that they'll be remembering Lee on this weeks Teachers Teaching
          Teachers. 9:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific USA Wednesday / 01:00 UTC
          Thursday

          I'll be in Fukuoka tomorrow evening.

          Love to all the community, where each person is integral and valued
          Vance
        • Jane Petring
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2008
            I'm shocked, saddened, dumbfounded...I had no idea Lee was battling
            cancer. She was a vibrant webhead and such an enthusastic musician.

            Ironically, I was listening to the Anthropology of YouTube when I
            scrolled down to Jeff's message, and then to so many more messages as
            people have written in their condolences. I'm thankful to be part of a
            network that can put me in touch with such fabulous people, and so
            sorry to lose any part of that network.

            Jane

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "jefflebow"
            <jefflebow@...> wrote:

            > Very sad news to share.
            >
            > Lee Baber died last night. She had been battling lung cancer for
            > several months. She was a vibrant part of many online communities
            > including the Webheads, EdTechTalk, Webcast Academy, & Youthbridges.
            > She was a tenacious learner and experimenter and very generous
            > teacher, guide, and friend.
            >
            > We have started an online memorial at http://edtechtalk.com/lee_baber
            > and will be putting together several online events to honor her life.
            >
            > With a great sense of sadness and loss,
            > Jeff

          • Candace Pauchnick
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4, 2008
              Since I have been out of touch with involvement with the Webheads for a long time I really didn't know Lee Baber but just reading everyone's posted messages shows me what a truly selfless, caring and gifted person she was. I wish I had personally had exchanges with her and gotten to know her. I warms my heart to see all the people who knew her collect together and create a memorial in her honor.  This show me how much of a loving family the Webheads really are even though people are spread out all over the world and most have not met face to face. I think Michael Wesch, the anthropologist who made the 55 min. video everyone is talking about, would have to agree that true bonding can take place on the Internet with special people. The Webheads have proven this and I believe all of you are truly great people in all ways.
              My prayers for peace and comfort go out for Lee's family.
              Candace Pauchnick

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4, 2008
                From Candance 's posting I learned the passing away of Lee Baber. I have followed 'evonline2002' for years and Lee's name is familiar to me.Her passing  is a great loss to the webhead community and a loss to all the e-teachers in the world.
                My condolence goes to Lee's family.
                Yaodong

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 5, 2008
                  Folks,

                  I had been volunteering my Second Life skills for Lee on a project for the
                  past seven months or so and she was always upbeat about her illness and
                  carried on producing great stuff with me during that period. Occasionally
                  she would disappear for a few days, but she always bounced back and got on
                  with things. Sad to say I was away on holiday when she finally succumbed to
                  the illness, but I will have fond memories of her humour, resilience and
                  creativity and a little regret that we now won't get to finish a project she
                  had thrown herself in to.

                  Gavin

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 5, 2008
                    I have just come back from a prolonged weekend in the countryside and was
                    shocked at this very sad and unexpected loss. Lee and I collaborated,
                    supported and scaffolded each other on Skype on many occasions both with
                    the kids or when setting up and exploring learning environments. She
                    shared with her friends her enthusiasm, her creativity and musical talent,
                    like when she played the banjo from Second Life straight into the conference
                    room at the end of the keynote in New Orleans (has anyone got the SL
                    screenshots on Flickr?) or when leading this year's EVO session.
                    I will miss her dearly but know and am happy that her suffering is over. We
                    will all remember her and she will continue inspiring all those who were
                    lucky to meet her and work with her. May she rest in peace.
                    Warm regards from Brazil,
                    Bee

                    --
                    Barbara Dieu
                    http://dekita.org

                  • Graham Stanley
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 6, 2008
                      Just got access to the Internet after a number of days without connection in
                      the UK and I too am shocked and saddened to hear the news about Lee. She was
                      such a kind and generous hearted soul - I will always remember her patience
                      and help with a number of projects, especially during the EVO Podcasting
                      session in 2006 and the webcast academy sessions - she always had time to
                      help out and was truly a wonderful, innovative educator. I will miss her
                      very much, but know that she will be remembered by so many of us and will
                      continue to inspire.

                      Graham
                      At 10:08 PM +0000 8/1/08, jefflebow wrote:
                      >Very sad news to share.
                      >
                      >Lee Baber died last night. She had been battling lung cancer for
                      >several months. She was a vibrant part of many online communities
                      >including the Webheads, EdTechTalk, Webcast Academy, & Youthbridges.
                      >She was a tenacious learner and experimenter and very generous
                      >teacher, guide, and friend.
                      >
                      >We have started an online memorial at http://edtechtalk.com/lee_baber
                      >and will be putting together several online events to honor her life.
                      >
                      >With a great sense of sadness and loss,
                      >Jeff

                    • (Seyyedeh) Susan Marandi
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 7, 2008
                        Dear all,

                        Being behind on my correspondence, as usual, I didn't find the time to
                        say until now how sorry and shocked I was to hear of Lee's passing
                        away. I had met Lee thru the EVO sessions, and found her to be a true
                        Webhead in spirit: generous with her time and knowledge, patient and
                        kind, and lots of fun. But she was so energetic and full of life that
                        I never would have guessed she was ill! My heart goes out to her
                        family and to those of you who were close to her.

                        Following what Elderbob said about letting your family and dear ones
                        know how much you love them, I also felt I would like to tell you all
                        (as my virtual family!) how much I love you all! It is due to you that
                        I am at WorldCALL 2008 in Japan today, and I can't tell you how much it
                        means to me. So thanks again all!

                        Love and health to you all,
                        Susan Marandi @>---;-
                        Iranian Webhead