Learning technology updates 22 July 2008

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 2:03 AM
      Dear All,

      Here are the latest updates from my blogs. Hope you find something interesting and useful here.

      Microblogging for EFL with Plurk
      I've been looking at microbloggiong over the past few weeks and
      perticularly how to use Plurk. You can find a video demonstartion here
      along with some teaching suggestions.
      http://tinyurl.com/5huae6

      Video conferencing for EFL
      For months now I've been looking at web based video conferencing
      platforms, and I've finally found one which I think is really great.
      Check out the demo and get some suggestions on how to use the various
      features here.
      http://tinyurl.com/63tync

      Improve your Vocabulary and send Aid to Children
      This is a review of a great site for higher level students to improve
      their vocabulary. It also helps you to send aid to poor children
      without it actually costing you anything at all.
      http://tinyurl.com/5kdk2e

      Great Video Commenting Tool
      I've also found a really nice video commenting tool whihc can help you add video annotation to web pages.
      http://tinyurl.com/633h67

      Create EFL / ESL Lesson Plans in Mins
      This is a dream tool for teachers pressed for time and helps you create
      a lesson plan with lots of vocabulary and grammar activities from an
      authentic text within minitues!
      http://tinyurl.com/63krtl

      Free IWB Software
      If you want to have an interactive whiteboard but don't have much money, then it's worth chicking out this review.
      http://tinyurl.com/6ydtn2

      Preparing EAP Students
      This is a wonderful site for teachers and students of EAP
      http://tinyurl.com/6yl6dr

      A Virtual Language Learning World for Kids
      Lastly, If you want to get younger learners involved in language
      learning within virtual worlds, you should read about this site.
      http://tinyurl.com/6bn35q

      Well I hope these links, resources and reviews are of some use.

      Best

      Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
      http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
      Visit my office in Second Life at: http://tinyurl.com/ytz5go