About the Conectivism course...

  • Doris Molero
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      My dear Webheads... a warm hug to all of you out there!

      Maybe you already know about the Connectivism Course
      <http://www.elearnspace.org/connectivism.html> offered by George
      Siemens and Stephen Downes... right? Well, it happens that this course
      is going to happen in English. I think this is going to be a way to
      experiment connected knowledge live... you will learn by doing and using
      all the tools and connecting to all you have to connect to experience
      what connected knowledge learning is about in ..... English.

      My new friend Esperanza Roman who is a professor from Spain wrote a
      post in her blog called " ┬┐Se descrimina el conocimiento por razones
      de idiomas?
      <http://elearningxxi.blogspot.com/2008/06/se-discrimina-el-conocimiento-\
      por.html> , addresing the fact that the command of a specif language
      is going to determine your access to the newest, most innovative and
      fastest changing knowledge in the world. I think she is right.... She
      thought that we could change that by creating a Spanish Speakers Group
      <http://www.pageflakes.com/connectivitas/23618668> to follow what it
      is going to happen in Siemens and Downes course. They will be discussing
      and sharing their findings as well reflecting on how connected knowledge
      affects our Spanish speaker culture, society or schools.

      Now, I thought ... this is a great opportunity for teachers in my
      university , too! They don't speak English but they can connect with
      other Spanish Speakers and get the best of the course, too. And later I
      thought.... my dear webheads could be interested, too. They are from
      different countries and speak different languages... they could invite
      other teachers that don't speak English to join them in their own
      languages.... Wow! Think of the possibility.... different little groups
      in different places of the world... all teachers connected...

      Well, what do you think... would you like to jump in this adventure...
      follow examples and you will get there... if you don't make it... well,
      at least you tried and I am sure you will learn a lot from the
      experience.... This is what I learned WEBHEADS are about....daring,
      collaborating, F.U.N people.

      Let me know if you want to join our Spanish group or if you know anybody
      that would like to join us.. from Maracaibo we will posting at Blogeando
      en ciencias de la educacion
      <http://www.blogeandoencienciasdelaeducacion.blogspot.com> and to join
      us in Spanish you can click here: http://tinyurl.com/3oemja
      <http://tinyurl.com/3oemja>