Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Epal conference in July

  • Candace Pauchnick
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 29, 2008
      Hello Vance,
      I appreciated your note to Yaodong. This ePAL conference is part of a bigger conference with Alan November, http://novemberlearning.com/%c2%a0 The link for the overal conference is: http://novemberlearning.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=60%c2%a0 The ePAL company is part of the pre-conference, on July 15th,  which is the day before when Alan November will speak on July 16th. If any of the Webheads live in Boston, Massachusetts, and want to hear Alan November, they may want to check out these links.  The ePAL company is having many speakers and I am only one giving an overview of my school projects with Yaodong Chen from China. Yaodong has been such a supportive collegue as we have connected our students and I appreciate all his work in helping me with our projects. I am in the process, right now, of preparing a PowerPoint presentation that will show what we have done together. The two of us have been posting information and photos
      of our students on an ePALS School Blog page. If you want to see this we are at this link: http://sites.epals.com/cpauchnick/
      The ePal company sent me an announcement for me to share with other educators hoping to get people to sign up. It costs a lot of money so I'm thinking it is probably difficult to get teachers to sign up, especially with all the budget cuts here in California, U.S.A. and other places in the U.S. In their letter to me they wanted me to share that they are offering a discount if you use the code "epalsx".  This is what they said:
      "As a colleague or client of Candace Pauchnick, we are extending you an opportunity to register up to five persons at the discounted rate of only $135 per person.Registration for this one-day pre-conference session is normally $225, providing you with a savings of $90 per person. Use code epalsx when you register to receive the discounted rate."  If you want to learn more about the ePALS schedule of events this is the link: http://www.epals.com/conference/%c2%a0
      I sure have missed participating with all the wonderful discussions you Webheads have. I have always been lurking in the background and continuously marvel at all you do. All of you do so much, and know so much, and I am always learning from you. I always wish I could contribute with as much knowledge as all of you display with your creative lessons and the most advanced technology practices that you always seems to learn about. You are truly an awesome group!!!! Personally, I feel you Webheads could dance circles around many speakers, at many conventions, with all you know. You are always on the cutting edge of e-teaching!
      I'm very thankful to all of you,
      Candy
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 23, 2008
        What I simply did was to upload the Hotpotato file to Google pages and
        link to it. I have not solved the pb with the images, though. I
        suppose that uploading them to Google and linking them to the exercise
        should do the trick. Hope this helps.

        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee

        --