Re: Slideboom and sound

  • Anne Fox
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
      Oops! I have just discovered that everything works fine as long as
      you keep to the recommended PPT file. I was inadvertantly producing
      pptx files using the new PPT2007 and this must have been what was
      wrong as I've just tried it at home now where I only have PPT2003.

      I imagined that if I used the wrong file that I would get an error
      message but I didn't. Thanks for letting me know that it can be done.
      Regards
      Anne
      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Fox" <af@...>
      wrote:

      > A new verb is born! I have also i-springed but I don't get the
      sound.
      > Perhaps I have to have a Mac!
      > Anne
      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Shade
      > <m.shade@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Anne,
      > >
      > > I started using Slideboom a few weeks back, like you because it
      > keeps
      > > the slide animations. And like you, I wanted to incorporate the
      > audio
      > > - and video - clips in my original f2f presentation, and the only
      > way
      > > I have found to do this so far is via iSpring, which someone
      > mentioned
      > > here. I'm using Mac OS X so there were additional complications,
      > but
      > > Slideboom itself works fine once you've 'iSpringed' your file.
      > >
      > > I wrote a brief account in my blog:
      > http://blog.michalska.net/2008/04/la-identidad-3.html
      > > , where you can also see the result. I haven't yet got round to
      > the
      > > fuller discussion I threatened then!
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Michael
      > > --------------------
      > > Michael Shade
      > > michael@
      > > http://www.michalska.net
      > > http://blog.michalska.net/
      > > http://sanmiguelbajo.pbwiki.com/
      > >
      > > On 4 Jun 2008, at 10:59, Anne Fox wrote:
      > >
      > > > I am experimenting with Slideboom, the presentation tool, but
      am
      > > > having
      > > > trouble incorporating audio. I wonder if anybody has any
      > experience
      > > > with this?
      > > >
      > > > I chose Slideboom (www.slideboom.com ) over slideshare because
      > > > slideboom takes the animations as well so I can add more
      > pedagogical
      > > > effects, emphasising certain areas of the page or building up
      > > > diagram
      > > > step by step.
      > > >
      > > > They say that it is possible to include sound but I haven't
      been
      > able
      > > > to manage this. I have pasted in a sound file and even when I
      > carry
      > > > the
      > > > PPT and the sound file in the same folder, the sound just
      doesn't
      > come
      > > > with the PPT. I don't want to use the record option because the
      > sound
      > > > file is a recording of someone else.
      > > >
      > > > I have noticed that links are active only sometimes for example
      > yes in
      > > > Moodle but no in Fronter, when you embed the presentation.

    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
        Folks,

        On my recent visit to Japan I went to Waseda University in central Tokyo
        (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waseda_University ) to meet with a couple of
        lecturers who are involved in a very interesting project they set up called
        'Cross Cultural Distance Learning' in which their learners have regular
        guided video conferences with learners in other universities (solely in
        Asia, currently). The course is all planned and running, but they are
        looking for partner institutions outside of Asia who might want to get
        involved.

        At the same time they are also looking for creative contacts in the primary
        and high school sectors with which to establish working relationships. If
        anyone on this list is interested in initial contact, please get in touch
        with me and I will pass your details on.

        Thanks in advance,

        Gavin

      • Peter Benson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2008
          Hi Gavin.

          I'd like to know more about this project.
          As you know we at Studygroup are constantly striving to improve our
          programmes and expertise.
          I'm currently participating in the Studygroup Training with Ana &
          Valentina at The Consultants-E.
          Please pass on my details.

          Thanks

          Peter

          Peter Benson
          ELP Manager
          Bellerbys College
          Manor Campus
          Arbury Rd
          Cambridge
          CB4 JF2
          Tel: 01223-517040
          Fax:01223-517038

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2008
            Gavin,

            I have been involved with this project for the past two years now, and still going on. The course, World Englishes and Miscommunications II, is offered to undergraduates and as of last year, there are about 5 universities in Asia who have been participating in video conferences and asynchronous discussions. The course ends with a face-to-face meeting in Singapore with participating professors and 3 selected students from all participating unis. This meeting is actually a week-long seminar where students attend lectures and discussions. During this time, they also engage in a collaborative task project which they need to present on the last day of the seminar. Professors are expected to write reports, do lectures, and write articles on the topic (WE). Hotel accommodations (not airfare) for students are all paid by the Cross-Cultural Distance Learning sponsors organized by Waseda University- teachers are well taken care of as well.

            I shared this project with BaWers, I think, last year http://www.slideshare.net/aidenyeh/baw2007-blended-learning

            and also at Hongkong Association of Applied Linguistics conference
            http://www.slideshare.net/aidenyeh/making-it-work-across-boundaries

            For 2008, course will begin in September. If you're interested in participating, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

            Aiden Yeh

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 6, 2008
              Gavin, did you meet Prof. Nakano?

              Here's a written report on last year's conference in Singapore, http://www.waseda.jp/dcc/3rd/new/dcc/report_RELCseminar07.html (it's Japanese though)
              but pictures speak louder than words :-)

              Here's the website for the CCDL courses,
              http://www.waseda.jp/dcc/3rd/joint-cyber-course/index.html

              Pictures taken during last year's seminar, http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/122602/overview

              Aiden Yeh

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 6, 2008
                Folks,

                From: Aiden Yeh

                "I have been involved with this project for the past two years now, and
                still going on. (.) If you're interested in participating, let me know and
                I'll see what I can do."

                Please note that this is not my project and I just agreed with the people at
                Waseda that I would help them find potential partners outside the Asia area
                for a possible widening of this project, and I don't personally want to
                participate (as I work in teacher education these days). All I promised I
                would do would be to put other people in contact with Prof. Nakano at Waseda
                and you can all take it from there.

                If you've already answered me, I will pass on your details to the people at
                Waseda. Please let me know if anyone else is interested.

                Gavin

              • Delin Chiao
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 6, 2008
                  Gsvin,

                     What time did it start on the project--- "Cross-cultural Distance Learning"?
                    I am interested in it.  Can you tell me in detail of the project.
                    My students will finsih thier course in this semester at the end of June. Then they willl take on leave summer vacation.
                    Until Septemeber, they will begin the second semester.   They belong to college students in technology field; however they must study English as their career tool to be a pilot after their graduation.  Therefore, I want to take an initial opportunity for exchanging cross-cultural viewpoints.
                  Delin
                  主 旨: [evonline2002_webheads] Cross-Cultural Distance Learning

[...]

                • Squires, Robert
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 7, 2008
                    Gavin,

                    I would also be interested in discussing this program more. Here is my contact information.

                    Robert Squires

                    Assistant Director

                    English Language Institute

                    The University of Montana