Re: A Solution for Work/School Web Filter Troubles!

  • Dave Kees
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
      Some teachers here use a system that is free and easy. It works best
      with Firefox. Once installed, you will have a little button at the
      bottom of your Firefox window and you can click on it when you want to
      turn on a proxy and click on it again to turn it off. This system keeps
      a big list of live proxies and automatically connects.

      It was made by some developers to assist people who wish to be
      anonymous from government spying but we use it simply to get around the
      national firewalls to view sites such as BBC News and Wikipedia
      (recently accessible in China due to a temporary openess for the
      Olympics) and my own blog at Blogspot.com.

      It looks a little complicated but it really isn't. You can find it here:

      http://www.vidalia-project.net

      Dave