Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: A Solution for Work/School Web Filter Troubles!

  • Paul Mountjoy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hi Buth & Nergiz

      Thanks for those resources.

      Paul

      On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...>
      wrote:

      > Sorry about that, Paul!! However, you can try any of the other sites
      > listed in the Privax network at: http://www.privax.us/
      >
      > Please let us know what happens.
      >
      > Good luck!
      >
      > Buth
      > --------
      >

      > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Paul Mountjoy"
      > <ajarnpaul@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Buth
      > >
      > > I was hopeful, and I tried, but it is blocked already in Saudi Arabia.
      > > Thanks though.
      > >
      > > Paul
      > >
      > > On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > Just found this and thought it might be helpful to some of you who
      > > > are, like me, having trouble using some sites at home or work due to
      > > > web filter policy, try: http://www.hidemyass.com/ -(yes true..no not a
      > > > joke:)
      > > >
      > > > Hidemyass.com enables you to hide your IP address and bypass your
      > > > work/school web filter to access sites like Twitter or Myspace!
      > > >
      > > > Enjoy freedom :)
      > > >
      > > > Buth

    • Dave Kees
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
        Some teachers here use a system that is free and easy. It works best
        with Firefox. Once installed, you will have a little button at the
        bottom of your Firefox window and you can click on it when you want to
        turn on a proxy and click on it again to turn it off. This system keeps
        a big list of live proxies and automatically connects.

        It was made by some developers to assist people who wish to be
        anonymous from government spying but we use it simply to get around the
        national firewalls to view sites such as BBC News and Wikipedia
        (recently accessible in China due to a temporary openess for the
        Olympics) and my own blog at Blogspot.com.

        It looks a little complicated but it really isn't. You can find it here:

        http://www.vidalia-project.net

        Dave