Re: Second Life Lesson Ideas Wiki - Join us!

  • k.ergiz
    Message 1 of 22 , May 31, 2008
      Oh, if you don't have a pbwiki account, I think you have to first sign up for. Not sure, though.
      Does anybody know?

      Nergiz
    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 22 , May 31, 2008
        ergiz,

        Here I come. I have a pbmail account and my address is.

        dj@...

        --
        Dennis Newson (retired)
        University of Osnabrück

      • Joao Alves
        Message 3 of 22 , May 31, 2008
          I have a pbwiki account but I get a message saying that I don't have access
          to this wiki.

          "You're logged in to your PBwiki account, but you don't have access to this
          wiki."

          But the URL that appears is an https like this:
          https://slexperiments.pbwiki.com/

          Joao

          --
          Joao Alves
          http://joaocarlosalves.eu

        • k.ergiz
          Message 4 of 22 , May 31, 2008
            Hi Joao

            Please, give me your e-mail address so that I can add you to the wiki.
            Thanks!

            Nergiz
          • Maria Irene Albers
            Message 5 of 22 , May 31, 2008
              DearNergiz,
              I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
              Greetings,
              Maria Irene

              Message 6 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                Hi Maria and all

                There are two things you need to do in order to have access to the wiki:

                1. Sign up for a pbwiki account
                2. Give me your e-mail address so that I can add you to the wiki (it's not public).

                Thanks!

                Nergiz

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Maria Irene Albers <miaupju@...>
                wrote:

                > DearNergiz,
                > I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your
                pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
                > Greetings,
                > Maria Irene

              • Squires, Robert
                Message 7 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                    Hi Robert

                    I'd like to add you but your e-mail address seems capped. Can you send it again, maybe in
                    an e-mail message to me?

                    I still use Tiger and have no issues with Second Life. But I've read that many Mac users who
                    use the latest Release Candidate have the same issues. http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

                    Which version do you use? You could switch back to version 1.19.1.4.

                    Best

                    Nergiz

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Squires, Robert" <robert.squires@...>

> [...]
                  • Susana Canelo
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                      Thanks Nerqiz !!!
                      I blinklisted the wiki to explore it later.
                      I do want to work with Second Life, but I'm afraid it isn't for me.
                      I enter to the Island (Edunation, you know) and I'm naked. Yes, you can laugh, my avatar is naked.
                      I lose my patience and log out...
                      Maybe I'm going to try in Winter holidays, with more time...

                      I think the Wiki was a fantastic idea.
                      Thanks again for your sharing spirit.
                      Susana

                      Message 10 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                        Susana, give me your Second LIfe name and I'll send you some clothes :-)
                        Second LIfe has a relatively steep learning curve but and it can feel lonely at the beginning.
                        But with a group it's fun to explore and learn.
                        That's why we have our Friday meetings.

                        Best

                        Nergiz
                      • Joao Alves
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                          Hi Nergiz

                          Here is my email: j.alves46@...

                          Joao

                          --
                          Joao Alves
                          http://joaocarlosalves.eu

                        • Susana Canelo
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                            Dear Nergiz:
                            thanks for your help.

                            My ID in Second life: Susana Capra.
                            I'll be waiting for my new clothes...hahaha.

                            On the other hand, I registered in PBWIKI and my e-mail is:
                            susana_canelo@...

                            A huge hug and thanks again
                            Susana

                            wrote:

                            > DearNergiz,
                            > I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your
                            pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
                            > Greetings,
                            > Maria Irene

                          • Susana Canelo
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                              Dear Dennis:
                              You should sign up first. Then you have to send your e-mail address to Nergiz.
                              The owner (Nergiz) will let you sign in later.
                              A hug

                              Susana

                              pbwiki aks me for usual login information, which i have not got. How does
                              one get into this fascinating wiki?

                              dennis aka cantab aka denos

                              --
                              Dennis Newson (retired)
                              University of Osnabrück
                              GERMANY
                              Webhead,
                              Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
                              Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists
                              Discussion Moderator ELTA-OWL

                            • serpil sonmez
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                Hi Nergiz,

                                That's a wonderful idea. Could you please add me? My e-mail is serpilsonmez@...

                                Tesekkurler.

                                Serpil

                                "k.ergiz" <k.ergiz@...> wrote: Hi everybody

[...]

                              • mireille
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                  Hi Nergiz

                                  Would you tell me how I can join your group

                                  I'm just finishing auditing a course on second life and I would very much
                                  like to participate in some groups that are in beginning stages of learning
                                  about second life

                                  Thank you

                                  Mireille
                                  Skype: mireillem10
                                  Second Life Avatar - sunshine sigall

                                  Susana, give me your Second LIfe name and I'll send you some clothes :-)
                                  Second LIfe has a relatively steep learning curve but and it can feel lonely
                                  at the beginning.
                                  But with a group it's fun to explore and learn.
                                  That's why we have our Friday meetings.

                                  Best

                                  Nergiz

                                  ------------------------------------

                                  this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!Yahoo!
                                  Groups Links
                                • Nergiz Kern
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                    Hi Mireille

                                    You need to sign up for pbwiki.com.
                                    Then, give me your e-mail address or request to join the group through pbwiki.
                                    The address is: http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com/
                                    Once you've joined, you can add your name and avatar name to the participants list.
                                    Thanks!

                                    See you at our meetings.
                                  • Nergiz Kern
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                      Selam Serpil

                                      Thanks for your interest.
                                      Do you have a pbwiki account? If not, get one.
                                      Could you send me your e-mail address as an e-mail message. The addresses get capped
                                      here and I don't see the bit after the @.
                                      You can also go to the wiki url and request to be invited:

                                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, serpil sonmez <serpilsonmez@...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > Hi Nergiz,
                                      >

                                      > That's a wonderful idea. Could you please add me? My e-mail is serpilsonmez@...
                                      >
                                      > Tesekkurler.
                                      >
                                      > Serpil
                                      >
                                      > "k.ergiz" <k.ergiz@...> wrote: Hi everybody
                                      >
                                      > At the SLanguages 2008 conference, many people remarked that it would nice to have a
                                      > place where teachers can share teaching ideas for Second Life.
                                      >
                                      > A couple of weeks ago, Maru, Alicia and I started meeting in SL weekly to exchange
                                      ideas,
                                      > learn SL skills together and share resources. These meetings turned out to be so useful
                                      > that we started a wiki to collect ideas, Landmarks, etc.
                                      >
                                      > As so many people asked whether such a project exists, we decided to open it to the
                                      > Webheads. It is more for individual teachers who are already or want to start teaching in
                                      > Second Life or in blended mode. But everybody is welcome to contribute.
                                      >
                                      > We hope you will find it useful.
                                      >
                                      > Here is the address to the wiki:
                                      > http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com
                                      >
                                      > There is no password. If you want to be added as writer, give me your e-mail address
                                      and
                                      > I'll add you to the wiki
                                      >
                                      > Best
                                      >
                                      > Nergiz

                                    • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                        Hi Nergiz

                                        I'd like to be added to the wiki. I already have a pbwiki account and
                                        my email address is: marydimonaco@...

                                        Thanks

                                        Mary

                                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "k.ergiz" <k.ergiz@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > Hi everybody
                                        >
                                        > At the SLanguages 2008 conference, many people remarked that it
                                        would nice to have a
                                        > place where teachers can share teaching ideas for Second Life.
                                        >
                                        > A couple of weeks ago, Maru, Alicia and I started meeting in SL
                                        weekly to exchange ideas,
                                        > learn SL skills together and share resources. These meetings turned
                                        out to be so useful
                                        > that we started a wiki to collect ideas, Landmarks, etc.
                                        >
                                        > As so many people asked whether such a project exists, we decided to
                                        open it to the
                                        > Webheads. It is more for individual teachers who are already or want
                                        to start teaching in
                                        > Second Life or in blended mode. But everybody is welcome to contribute.
                                        >
                                        > We hope you will find it useful.
                                        >
                                        > Here is the address to the wiki:
                                        > http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com
                                        >
                                        > There is no password. If you want to be added as writer, give me
                                        your e-mail address and
                                        > I'll add you to the wiki
                                        >
                                        > Best
                                        >
                                        > Nergiz

                                      • Patricia Glogowski
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 10, 2008
                                          Hi Negriz,

                                          I am a bit behind in reading my emails (clearly!). I was wondering if you
                                          could give more details on where you Maru, and Alicia meet in SL and when
                                          you hold your meetings. I am researching the possibilities of using SL in
                                          language learning and would like to talk to you. Thank you.

                                          Patricia