Second Life Lesson Ideas Wiki - Join us!

  • k.ergiz
    Message 1 of 22 , May 31, 2008
      Hi everybody

      At the SLanguages 2008 conference, many people remarked that it would nice to have a
      place where teachers can share teaching ideas for Second Life.

      A couple of weeks ago, Maru, Alicia and I started meeting in SL weekly to exchange ideas,
      learn SL skills together and share resources. These meetings turned out to be so useful
      that we started a wiki to collect ideas, Landmarks, etc.

      As so many people asked whether such a project exists, we decided to open it to the
      Webheads. It is more for individual teachers who are already or want to start teaching in
      Second Life or in blended mode. But everybody is welcome to contribute.

      We hope you will find it useful.

      Here is the address to the wiki:
      http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com

      There is no password. If you want to be added as writer, give me your e-mail address and
      I'll add you to the wiki

      Best

      Nergiz
    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 22 , May 31, 2008
        pbwiki aks me for usual login information, which i have not got. How does
        one get into this fascinating wiki?

        dennis aka cantab aka denos

        --
        Dennis Newson (retired)
        University of Osnabrück

      • k.ergiz
        Message 3 of 22 , May 31, 2008
          Dennis, thanks for your interest.

          I need your e mail address to add you as a writer :-)

          See you there soon.

          Nergiz
        • k.ergiz
          Message 4 of 22 , May 31, 2008
            Oh, if you don't have a pbwiki account, I think you have to first sign up for. Not sure, though.
            Does anybody know?

            Nergiz
          • Dennis Newson
            Message 5 of 22 , May 31, 2008
              ergiz,

              Here I come. I have a pbmail account and my address is.

              dj@...

              --
              Dennis Newson (retired)
              University of Osnabrück
              GERMANY
              Webhead,
              Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
              Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists
              Discussion Moderator ELTA-OWL

            • Joao Alves
              Message 6 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                I have a pbwiki account but I get a message saying that I don't have access
                to this wiki.

                "You're logged in to your PBwiki account, but you don't have access to this
                wiki."

                But the URL that appears is an https like this:
                https://slexperiments.pbwiki.com/

                Joao

                --
                Joao Alves
                http://joaocarlosalves.eu

              • k.ergiz
                Message 7 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                  Hi Joao

                  Please, give me your e-mail address so that I can add you to the wiki.
                  Thanks!

                  Nergiz
                • Maria Irene Albers
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                    DearNergiz,
                    I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
                    Greetings,
                    Maria Irene

                    Message 9 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                      Hi Maria and all

                      There are two things you need to do in order to have access to the wiki:

                      1. Sign up for a pbwiki account
                      2. Give me your e-mail address so that I can add you to the wiki (it's not public).

                      Thanks!

                      Nergiz

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Maria Irene Albers <miaupju@...>
                      wrote:

                      > DearNergiz,
                      > I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your
                      pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
                      > Greetings,
                      > Maria Irene

                    • Squires, Robert

                        Message 11 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                          Hi Robert

                          I'd like to add you but your e-mail address seems capped. Can you send it again, maybe in
                          an e-mail message to me?

                          I still use Tiger and have no issues with Second Life. But I've read that many Mac users who
                          use the latest Release Candidate have the same issues. http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

                          Which version do you use? You could switch back to version 1.19.1.4.

                          Best

                          Nergiz

                          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Squires, Robert" <robert.squires@...>

> [...]
                        • Susana Canelo
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                            Thanks Nerqiz !!!
                            I blinklisted the wiki to explore it later.
                            I do want to work with Second Life, but I'm afraid it isn't for me.
                            I enter to the Island (Edunation, you know) and I'm naked. Yes, you can laugh, my avatar is naked.
                            I lose my patience and log out...
                            Maybe I'm going to try in Winter holidays, with more time...

                            I think the Wiki was a fantastic idea.
                            Thanks again for your sharing spirit.
                            Susana

                            Message 13 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                              Susana, give me your Second LIfe name and I'll send you some clothes :-)
                              Second LIfe has a relatively steep learning curve but and it can feel lonely at the beginning.
                              But with a group it's fun to explore and learn.
                              That's why we have our Friday meetings.

                              Best

                              Nergiz
                            • Joao Alves
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                                Hi Nergiz

                                Here is my email: j.alves46@...

                                Joao

                                --
                                Joao Alves
                                http://joaocarlosalves.eu

                              • Susana Canelo
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                                  Dear Nergiz:
                                  thanks for your help.

                                  My ID in Second life: Susana Capra.
                                  I'll be waiting for my new clothes...hahaha.

                                  On the other hand, I registered in PBWIKI and my e-mail is:
                                  susana_canelo@...

                                  A huge hug and thanks again
                                  Susana

                                  wrote:

                                  > DearNergiz,
                                  > I do have a pbwiki account, and the message I got was "you're logged in into your
                                  pbwiki account, but you don't have access to this wiki. What should I do?
                                  > Greetings,
                                  > Maria Irene

                                • Susana Canelo
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 31, 2008
                                    Dear Dennis:
                                    You should sign up first. Then you have to send your e-mail address to Nergiz.
                                    The owner (Nergiz) will let you sign in later.
                                    A hug

                                    Susana

                                    --
                                    Dennis Newson (retired)
                                    University of Osnabrück
                                    GERMANY
                                    Webhead,
                                    Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
                                    Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists
                                    Discussion Moderator ELTA-OWL

                                  • serpil sonmez
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                      Hi Nergiz,

                                      That's a wonderful idea. Could you please add me? My e-mail is serpilsonmez@...

                                      Tesekkurler.

                                      Serpil

[...]

                                    • mireille
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                        Hi Nergiz

                                        Would you tell me how I can join your group

                                        I'm just finishing auditing a course on second life and I would very much
                                        like to participate in some groups that are in beginning stages of learning
                                        about second life

                                        Thank you

                                        Mireille
                                        Skype: mireillem10
                                        Second Life Avatar - sunshine sigall

                                        Susana, give me your Second LIfe name and I'll send you some clothes :-)
                                        Second LIfe has a relatively steep learning curve but and it can feel lonely
                                        at the beginning.
                                        But with a group it's fun to explore and learn.
                                        That's why we have our Friday meetings.

                                        Best

                                        Nergiz

                                        ------------------------------------

                                        this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!Yahoo!
                                        Groups Links
                                      • Nergiz Kern
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                          Hi Mireille

                                          You need to sign up for pbwiki.com.
                                          Then, give me your e-mail address or request to join the group through pbwiki.
                                          The address is: http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com/
                                          Once you've joined, you can add your name and avatar name to the participants list.
                                          Thanks!

                                          See you at our meetings.
                                        • Nergiz Kern
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                            Selam Serpil

                                            Thanks for your interest.
                                            Do you have a pbwiki account? If not, get one.
                                            Could you send me your e-mail address as an e-mail message. The addresses get capped
                                            here and I don't see the bit after the @.
                                            You can also go to the wiki url and request to be invited:

                                            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, serpil sonmez <serpilsonmez@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > Hi Nergiz,
                                            >

                                            > That's a wonderful idea. Could you please add me? My e-mail is serpilsonmez@...
                                            >
                                            > Tesekkurler.
                                            >
                                            > Serpil
                                            >
                                            > "k.ergiz" <k.ergiz@...> wrote: Hi everybody
                                            >
                                            > At the SLanguages 2008 conference, many people remarked that it would nice to have a
                                            > place where teachers can share teaching ideas for Second Life.
                                            >
                                            > A couple of weeks ago, Maru, Alicia and I started meeting in SL weekly to exchange
                                            ideas,
                                            > learn SL skills together and share resources. These meetings turned out to be so useful
                                            > that we started a wiki to collect ideas, Landmarks, etc.
                                            >
                                            > As so many people asked whether such a project exists, we decided to open it to the
                                            > Webheads. It is more for individual teachers who are already or want to start teaching in
                                            > Second Life or in blended mode. But everybody is welcome to contribute.
                                            >
                                            > We hope you will find it useful.
                                            >
                                            > Here is the address to the wiki:
                                            > http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com
                                            >
                                            > There is no password. If you want to be added as writer, give me your e-mail address
                                            and
                                            > I'll add you to the wiki
                                            >
                                            > Best
                                            >
                                            > Nergiz

                                          • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 1, 2008
                                              Hi Nergiz

                                              I'd like to be added to the wiki. I already have a pbwiki account and
                                              my email address is: marydimonaco@...

                                              Thanks

                                              Mary

                                              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "k.ergiz" <k.ergiz@...>
                                              wrote:

                                              > Hi everybody
                                              >
                                              > At the SLanguages 2008 conference, many people remarked that it
                                              would nice to have a
                                              > place where teachers can share teaching ideas for Second Life.
                                              >
                                              > A couple of weeks ago, Maru, Alicia and I started meeting in SL
                                              weekly to exchange ideas,
                                              > learn SL skills together and share resources. These meetings turned
                                              out to be so useful
                                              > that we started a wiki to collect ideas, Landmarks, etc.
                                              >
                                              > As so many people asked whether such a project exists, we decided to
                                              open it to the
                                              > Webheads. It is more for individual teachers who are already or want
                                              to start teaching in
                                              > Second Life or in blended mode. But everybody is welcome to contribute.
                                              >
                                              > We hope you will find it useful.
                                              >
                                              > Here is the address to the wiki:
                                              > http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com
                                              >
                                              > There is no password. If you want to be added as writer, give me
                                              your e-mail address and
                                              > I'll add you to the wiki
                                              >
                                              > Best
                                              >
                                              > Nergiz

                                            • Patricia Glogowski
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jun 10, 2008
                                                Hi Negriz,

                                                I am a bit behind in reading my emails (clearly!). I was wondering if you
                                                could give more details on where you Maru, and Alicia meet in SL and when
                                                you hold your meetings. I am researching the possibilities of using SL in
                                                language learning and would like to talk to you. Thank you.

                                                Patricia