Re: Alternative to Netscape 7 Composer for quick HTML work?

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2008
      I've been using Mozilla Composer since Netscape stopped updating. It
      can be found at http://mozilla.org

      However, that too has been discontinued (though you can still get it
      and use it), and I've been using the replacement, SeaMonkey Composer,
      also free and downloadable for Mac or PC. Totally WISIWYG, but you can
      also go directly to the Source code and revise it.

      With either Mozilla or SeaMonkey, you can go to page and select >Edit
      Page from the toolbar to open an editable copy in the Composer. Nice
      feature when you want to quickly revise your pages, or copy someone
      else's design.

      BTW, SeaMonkey also includes a mailer, browser, etc.

      The advantage of DreamWeaver, which I use occasionally since it is
      free from my university, is that you can do CSS style sheets.

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Newson"