Voice and Text Chat Tools for Mobile Phones - for free!

  • Seth Dickens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      HI there folks,

      I'm sure there are a few of us out there who use Gmail chat. I expect there
      are a few more that use Skype. I'm sure loads of us use MSN messenger and
      Yahoo Chat. Fancy a tool that rolls all these (and more) together into
      one... on your mobile phone.. for free?? It's true, it really works I use it
      an it works like a dream!

      Fring is a wild little tool for "Symbian" based mobile phones which allows
      you to make free Skype to Skype and Skype Out calls using your mobile phone.
      You can either use it over your mobile's data connection (beware, this can
      be expensive if you have a duff contract) or if your mobile has wifi built
      in, you can use it for free! Imagine free chatting from any wifi hotspot, or
      if you're lucky like we have here in Trento, Italy, from all over town!

      I've blogged a little about it here if you'd like to know more:
      http://www.digitalang.com/2008/05/fring-mobile-phone-language-lessons/

      I seriously recommend it though, it works just great!

      --
      Seth Dickens

      Homepage:
      http://www.digitalang.com

      Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in Language Education:
      http://www.digitalang.com/blog