Scheduled posting on Blogspot

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8 12:19 PM
      News from Blogspot.com.
      This seems like a really nice feature!
      --Elizabeth

      Scheduled post publishing, which we talked about testing on Blogger in
      draft last month, is now live for everyone. If you set a post's date
      into the future, Blogger will wait to publish until that time comes.

      Have you ever wanted to announce something on a certain date but knew
      you wouldn't be at a computer to make a post? Or you wanted to keep
      posting regularly but knew you'd be on vacation for a few weeks?
      Scheduled post publishing is here to help you out.

      Scheduling a post is easy to do: on the post editor page, click the
      "Post Options" toggle to show the "Post date and time" fields. Then,
      type a post date and time that's in the future. When you click the
      "Publish" button, your post will become "scheduled." When the date and
      time of the post arrive, it will be automatically published to your blog.
      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8 3:20 PM
        Dear Elizabeth

        It sounds interesting !!! Thanks for sharing

        What about comments? Could you publish them later, too?

        As an example, my students enter to activities and post the answers,
        will I be allowed to publish them five days later, automatically?

        A hug

        Susana
      • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9 8:18 AM
          Hi Susana--
          I think you'd have to ask Blogspot. Seems unlikely, since I don't
          think comments are available until a post is actually published.
          --Elizabeth

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Susana Canelo"
          <susana_canelo@...> wrote:

          > Dear Elizabeth
          >
          > It sounds interesting !!! Thanks for sharing
          >
          > What about comments? Could you publish them later, too?
          >
          > As an example, my students enter to activities and post the answers,
          > will I be allowed to publish them five days later, automatically?
          >

          > A hug
          >
          > Susana

        • Ismail
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9 12:40 PM
            Hi Elizabeth,

            I like this feature and it looks like an 'answer' for a question I
            have asked myself long ago.. It was not about bloging itself, but
            rather the concept of scheduled postings. I want/ed to see this
            feature in emailing systems too.

            I once wondered if I have there is an incident where I would be away
            from the internet for a long time, how would I tell others about it?
            This situation could be the same for many of us with different
            contexts or details. Just a thought.. :-)

            Ismail