An invitation to Internationally Collaborate
- Hi, dear Webheads and friends! My name is Doris Molero from Venezuela
and I want to invite you to join us in this adventure. There is a place
where high schools and university students and teachers can come to
share and learn together. The International Collaboration
<http://grade11.ning.com/group/urbe> , this is a ning based community
who invites teachers and students to join in conversations, projects and
learning in an informal way... for fun. This social network was started
by Nellie Deutsch and her students. How does this work?
* Teachers create a group for their schools and bring their students
to participate in different activities.
* Teachers and students can comment or register to different groups.
* If you don't have any students you can always lend a hand and
comment on students postings.
* You will need and invitation to join... later you are made an
administrator so you can keep track of what your students are doing
* Teachers and students learn to use different web 2.0 to express
their ideas in different kind of texts.
* Teachers and students find an audience to show their work and
receive feedback... start connections and conversations... more
interaction = we all learn and enjoy what we are all doing.
* There is a spirit of dissapiring borders, time, distance and
* You can learn a second language... English for EFL students and web
2.0 technology... you can practice your spanish, too... ;)
* There are not time constrains.. this is a project that goes on as
long as teachers and students want to be there.
* We tag our work with the key words: efl, writingmatrix,
intercollab... and the name of your school... that way we know where
students and teachers come from.
I am sure there are some disadvantages, too.... but we can work it out
to fix them... we are innovators and looking for new creative, fun,
ways to educate and educate ourselves.
Well, if you have any questions or are interested in joining us... let
me know to send you an invitation... all I will need is your email
Keep on shinning!
Doris de Martins, Msc.
Universidad Dr. Rafael Belloso Chacin
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]