RE: [evonline2002_webheads] CNIE Conference in Banff, AB

  • Katalin Csoma
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 27, 2008
      Barbara,

      I'm blogging it... but in Hungarian, sorry! Will brief you on Wed, ok?

      Kind regards from Canada,
      Kati

      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.comFrom: beeonline@...: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:58:25 -0300Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] CNIE Conference in Banff, AB

      I'm not, Kati..but it looks really interesting. If you are there, Iwould really enjoy some feedback :-)Warm regards from Brazil,Bee-- Barbara Dieuhttp://dekita.orghttp://beewebhead.net

    • Amy Meckelborg
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 27, 2008
        Hi Kati,

        I am here in Banff at the CNIE Conference. I¹d love to connect. How about we
        meet by the front desk of the hotel at either lunch or after the sessions on
        Monday? Have you signed up for a supper yet? How about we plan to attend the
        same one? Feel free to email me directly so we can make plans.
        Amy

        On 4/27/08 4:32 PM, "Katalin Csoma" <kcsoma@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > Just curious if there is any of you at the inaugural conference of the
        > Canadian Society in Innovation in Education?
        >
        > www.athabascau.ca/CNIE-RCIE/
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Kati

      • Katalin Csoma
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 30, 2008
          Hello Everyone,

          A stimulating conference indeed it was (annual conference of the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education). After listening to a number of presentations on open learning, and to the last keynote speaker, Stephen Heppell (UK), (http://www.heppell.net) I really was confirmed by others in my doubts about the long-term sustainability of the traditional education system.
          Among other useful encounters, I met webhead Amy Meckelborg from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, as documented here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53536378@N00/2456293586/

          Cheers,
          Kati

          To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.comFrom: beeonline@...: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:58:25 -0300Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] CNIE Conference in Banff, AB

          I'm not, Kati..but it looks really interesting. If you are there, Iwould really enjoy some feedback :-)Warm regards from Brazil,Bee-- Barbara Dieuhttp://dekita.orghttp://beewebhead.net

        • Nina Liakos
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2008
            I enjoyed the beautiful photos and envied John and Jeanne their lovely
            trip with such nice companions! The cobbled streets (of Lisbon?) look
            so picturesque.

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"