Reminder: Web Casts from TESOL on Thursday & Friday, 2:00-3:00 New York time
- We're hoping to see you online ...
Here is a chance to connect with presenters at the Electronic Village
(EV) at the 42nd Annual TESOL Convention and Exhibit (TESOL 2008)
<http://tesol.org/s_tesol/seccss.asp?CID=1518&DID=8281> on April 3 and
4, 2008 in New York, New York, USA. If you cannot be there in person,
join the Convention goers virtually. The CALL Interest Section has
organized 4 presentations to be web cast from the EV in New York City.
You can see the presenters via Web cam, listen to the presentations, and
ask questions via text or voice chat. Click the links below to see the
schedule of web cast presentations and get instructions for
Link to the EV Fair Classics 2008 and Web Cast Schedule, April 3 & 4:
Link to Web Cast Participation Guide:
Date/Time of the Web Casts
April 3 & 4, 2:00-3:00 pm U.S. EDT
To see the time for the Web casts in your area, click the link to the
Location of the Web Casts:
the Webheads Virtual Office at LearningTimes.org
Before the web cast:
To enter the Webheads Virtual Office at LearningTimes.org, you will need
to register (free) with LearningTimes.
Please click the Web Cast Participation Guide (above) for instructions
on how to join LearningTimes.org & enter the Webheads Virtual Office.
The chat room uses Elluminate Live! application, and first-time users
should enter and familiarize themselves with the chat room in advance of
the Web cast sessions. The orientation materials provided on the Web
Cast Participation Guide only take 5-10 minutes.
To participate in the web cast:
1. Be sure to join the session at the Webheads Virtual Office in
LearningTimes.org 5 - 10 minutes prior to the start.
2. Set your Connection Speed to the Internet.
3. Use the Audio Setup Wizard to test out your microphone and speakers
(for questions and answers at the end).
4. Follow and participate in the text chat on the left at any
time--raise questions or post comments.
5. Listen to the presenter(s) and adjust the volume as needed by using
6. To speak (during Q & A), press the microphone icon.
7. Release the microphone when finished by pressing it again.
8. Use Direct Messaging to send messages to other participants.
9. Remember that running other applications on your computer (such as an
Internet browser) can slow your connection to Elluminate Live!
We hope to see and hear from you online during the TESOL Convention!
On behalf of the CALL Interest Section,
Applied Linguistics Department phone: 802-654-2642
Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
One Winooski Park
Colchester, VT 05439-0253
web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
online CALL course:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]