Diigo - an alternative to del.icio.us?

  • k.ergiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi everybody

      In our last TappedIn chat on Sunday, we talked about bookmarking and somebody
      suggested Diigo as an alternative to del.icio.us. Now, I've come across this message in the
      Classroom 2.0 Ning and thought I'll share it with you (see below).
      What are the differences between the two? Does anybody have experience with both and
      can compare them? What I have come to understand so far it that Diigo seems to put more
      stress on social networking.

      Best

      Nergiz

      Diigo and Classroom 2.0 - A "Group" for Collecting Bookmarks Together
      Forum - Classroom 2.0 01.04.08 02:41 Steve Hargadon
      Susan Tsairi started a Classroom 2.0 group in Diigo some months ago, and I'm wanting to
      give it some promotion here! If you are using Diigo (www.diigo.com) for social
      bookmarking, and you join the Classroom 2.0 group
      (http://groups.diigo.com/groups/classroom20), you can "send" bookmarks that related to
      Web 2.0/collaboration in education to the group. From my standpoint, this would be a
      great way to be clued into new sites, and I can use the group for the now-weekly
      Classroom 2.0 "Web 2.0 in Education" show on Saturday mornings (see
      http://www.classroom20wiki.com/LIVE+Conversations). By the way, you can also "tweet"
      your bookmarks directly from Diigo. Pretty cool, too.
    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Nergiz,
        Diigo is really cool.
        I have just started using it.
        It allows you to create groups, share links, twitter about your latest bookmarks, etc.

        It is great fun.
        we have just started a group here: http://groups.diigo.com/groups/elearning-20
        Please join us! ;-)

        Cris