Blogbard

  • Moira Hunter
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2008
      Hello,

      This may be of interest to some. Blogbard (http://blogbard.com) allows you to listen to your blogs instead of reading them, and when you're on the move. The voice is a bit tinny but still worth investigating.

      Cheers
      Moira

      What they say on their site :-
      Want your own personalized radio station? Now you can listen to your favourite blogs on your ipod or on your iphone! Want to try our service? Listen to popular blogs like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, or even better,
      search for your favourite blog above.(Enter keywords, blog name or the RSS/ATOM blog feed url.)

      Listen to blogs in your
      Google Reader, or Bloglines account, by logging in through our website.
      Want to add voice to your blog? You can do it in two easy steps.Listen to your blog by entering your blog/RSS url on the search box aboveCopy/paste the html in Embed tag (on the right side of the player) to your blog

    • Evelyn Izquierdo
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2008
        Dear Moira:

        Thanks so much for sharing. Blogbard might be a great tool for my blind students and for those who are not but want to listen English texts and practice pronunciation. I'm trying to use Blogbard now, but it seems to be collapsed. It doesn't work for me. There is a page error message. Has that happened to you?
        Evelyn

        Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@...> escribió:
        Hello,

        This may be of interest to some. Blogbard (http://blogbard.com) allows you to listen to your blogs

        Recent Activity

        1
        New Members

        1
        New Polls

        Visit Your Group
        Y! Messenger
        PC-to-PC calls
        Call your friends
        worldwide - free!

        Search Ads
        Get new customers.
        List your web site
        in Yahoo! Search.

        Best of Y! Groups
        Check out the best
        of what Yahoo!
        Groups has to offer.

        .

      • Moira Hunter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2008
          Hi Evelyn,

          I just listened to other blogs using it, together with my own, and it works perfectly.

          As I said, the voice is a bit tinny and monotonous, and for some learners it may be rather too fast, in fact.

          Try again and see what happens. BTW, I was using Firefox, just in case that might be an issue.

          Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> escribió:
          Hello,

          This may be of interest to some. Blogbard (http://blogbard. com) allows you to listen to your blogs

          Recent Activity

          1
          New Members

          1
          New Polls

          Visit Your Group
          Y! Messenger
          PC-to-PC calls
          Call your friends
          worldwide - free!

          Search Ads
          Get new customers.
          List your web site
          in Yahoo! Search.

          Best of Y! Groups
          Check out the best
          of what Yahoo!
          Groups has to offer.

          .

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-reco {
          margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
          #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
          font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}

          #reco-grpname{
          font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
          #reco-category{
          font-size:77%;}
          #reco-desc{
          font-size:77%;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

        • Carla arena
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2008
            Very interesting, Moira! Thanks for sharing! I just listened to some
            TechCrunch news.

            See you soon! By the way, my Webhead
            badge<http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlaarena/2347700238/sizes/m/in/set-72157604152309743/>is
            ready and printed!!!

            Carla Arena
            http://blogging4educators.ning.com/profile/CarlaArena
            http://explorations.bloxi.jp
            http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com

            On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@...>
            wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > This may be of interest to some. Blogbard (http://blogbard.com) allows you
            > to listen to your blogs instead of reading them, and when you're on the
            > move. The voice is a bit tinny but still worth investigating.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Moira
            >
            > What they say on their site :-
            > Want your own personalized radio station? Now you can listen to your
            > favourite blogs on your ipod or on your iphone! Want to try our service?
            > Listen to popular blogs like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, or even
            > better,
            > search for your favourite blog above.(Enter keywords, blog name or the
            > RSS/ATOM blog feed url.)
            >
            > Listen to blogs in your
            > Google Reader, or Bloglines account, by logging in through our website.
            > Want to add voice to your blog? You can do it in two easy steps.Listen to
            > your blog by entering your blog/RSS url on the search box aboveCopy/paste
            > the html in Embed tag (on the right side of the player) to your blog

          • Gladys Baya
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 24, 2008
              Hi Evelyn and Moira!

              Not sure if they do the same, but Odiogo (wwww.odiogo.com) and
              ReadTheWords (http://readthewords.com) allow you to convert your blog
              entries to voice too, and the quality is really good!

              Gladys

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Evelyn Izquierdo
              <izquierdo_evelyn@...> wrote:
              ...Thanks so much for sharing. Blogbard might be a great tool for my
              blind students and for those who are not but want to listen English
              texts and practice pronunciation. ...
            • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 26, 2008
                Hi Gladys & Evelyn--
                Blogger also supports voice, and has Talkr built in--it will convert
                your text to a friendly voice, though it sometimes takes a couple of
                days to show up.

                I believe you have to register with Talkr and create the link to your
                blog to get the service started.

                Still seems a bit experimental, but you can try it at my blog at
                <http://ehansonsmith.blogspot.com>

                Cheers--
                --Elizabeth

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Gladys Baya"