personal comments on "10 Tips..."

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hi, Christine, Vance and all EV Online Webheads,

      You know conditions vary from place to place, depending on so many factors... And I have already posed my own hopelessness at realizing the effort the enterprise of showing/ persuading/ motivating teachers entails... The job is taking time, and I have already started seeing results: involving teachers and students in different projects in which the computer will be the necessary tool for information and/or communication purposes has proved somehow successful. I have given talks including simple appealing examples, and teachers responded enthusiastically at the moment, but very few make real use of the options available: contact with students via email, for example, is scarce, and in this respect I can also say students themselves are somehow reluctant, rather uninterested in "changing" their methods and using the computer themselves. Maybe I'm too anxious to see outcomes, and the very conditions in this country at the moment do not make things any easier.

      However, linking my own personal views and situation with the article in question, I guess it all boils down to getting to know about the myriad of options ESL/ EFL teachers now have, being naturally enthusiastic at putting it all into trial and practice, and sharing findings and experiences with peers, to start with. At this point I should mention the importance of both "interaction" and "interactivity", as described in the article. And, from a practical point of view, I'd emphasize the responsibility we have as moderators/ prospective moderators being, in some cases, the "heralds" of a new educational era, in which each of us will need to interact and participate responsibly, sensibly, sensitively and generously. Isn't our Webheads community an epitome of the society we dream of living in?

      My best to the group
      Rita