Opportunity to participate in a standards project online

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2002
      Would anyone be interested in contributing to this
      project (see below)? As I understand it, this is a
      search to help create standards for online learning.

      If anyone of you already has a position paper or
      something related at hand, please let me know! Visit
      the site to see more about this project.

      I'd prefer you copy me in if you are going to
      contribute, as the request came through the Technology
      Advisory Committee of TESOL (of which I am chair).
      thanks!!

      --Elizabeth

      --- Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou
      <yiansoph@...> wrote:

      > Subject: Re: eLearn Accredit project
      > Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:05:17 +0200
      >
      > Hi all
      >
      > this is regarding the project I was asked to join
      > as a moderator for the language learnign strand.
      > http://www.elearnaccredit.org/
      >
      > I found that although the online conference has
      > many interesting presentations in other strands
      > - which are also useful for us, of course
      > (e.g. today's presentation: "Quality and eLearning
      > in Europe)
      > there are no presentations in the language learning
      > strand. When I asked why, Andrew Brown (the
      > Director of the project) said that he contacted many
      > but
      > no one feels ready yet.
      >
      > I was, therefore, wondering if any of you would be
      > interested or would know anyone who is interested
      > in presenting. It might be a short position paper or
      > something you have already.
      >
      > This may be related to elearning quality assurance
      > as to:
      > "The current position - where we are now" or
      > " Where are we going? /What is a desirable future
      > position"
      >
      > Any takers?
      > Sophie

      =====