Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Extra Extra! Read all about it! Webhead Candy Pauchik in New York Times

Expand Messages
  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Great, Candy-- But you can order them right online at TESOL s website-- Pulldown the window to Books in the Publications tab. Cheers--
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 29, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Great, Candy--
      But you can order them right online at TESOL's website--
      <http://www.tesol.org>
      Pulldown the window to >Books in the Publications tab.
      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
      <pauchnick@...> wrote:
      >
      > Dear Elizabeth,
      > I'm so excited to hear about this. I plan on purchasing them!!!! I
      hope I can oder them from Amazon.com. Thank you for letting me know.
      > What a wonderful accomplishment to write two books!!! Congratulations.
      > Thanks again,
      > Candy
      >
      > Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:
      > Candy--
      >
      > Just wanted to let you know that Webheads figure VERY prominently in
      > the two books I did for TESOL last year: Learning Languages through
      > Technology (ed. with Sarah Rilling), and CALL Environments: Research,
      > Practice, and Critical Issues, 2nd ed. (ed. with Joy Egbert).
      >
      > Hope you all have a chance to have a look at them.
      >
      > Cheers--
      > --Elizabeth
      >
      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
      > <pauchnick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Vance and Yaodong,
      > > [snip]
      > >
      > > My true wishes are that the Webhead group could have a FRONT PAGE
      > splash in the New York Times Newspaper. Now THAT would be awesome!!!
      > All of you are so worthy of such a long article. Actually, the
      > newspaper should make a special magazine just reporting all the
      > activities you do. Now that I think about it...... is anyone writing a
      > book about all of you? Seriously! Is anyone? Vance, I know you write
      > for many publications but is anyone actually writing a book? I've been
      > out of the link with all of you for so long I don't know all you have
      > done. I still have all your emails and do treat myself with reading
      > about many things you do but I have not been able to keep up with
      > everything.
      > >
      > > I sure want to jump back into your activites. Hopefully I can soon.
      > > All of you are the absolute BEST!!!!
      > >
      > > Many warm hugs to all,
      > > Candy
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
    • Candace Pauchnick
      Dear Elizabeth, I m trying to purchase your book: Learning Languages Through Technology but I can t buy it unless I log in to TESOL. I haven t become a
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Dear Elizabeth,

        I'm trying to purchase your book: "Learning Languages Through Technology" but I can't buy it unless I log in to TESOL. I haven't become a member but I thought I could still buy the book even if I wasn't a member. Is there a way I can buy the book without become a member of TESOL? Since I don't teach students who are speakers of other languages I didn't want to actually join TESOL. But I really liked the topics in your book and feel I can use some of the information in my classes. I also saw so many familiar Webhead names in this publication and I would love to have it.

        I sure would appreciate any guidelines you can give to as to how to purchase the book through the TESOL site. :-)

        Thanks,
        Candy


        Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:
        Great, Candy--
        But you can order them right online at TESOL's website--
        <http://www.tesol.org>
        Pulldown the window to >Books in the Publications tab.
        Cheers--
        --Elizabeth

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
        <pauchnick@...> wrote:
        >
        > Dear Elizabeth,
        > I'm so excited to hear about this. I plan on purchasing them!!!! I
        hope I can oder them from Amazon.com. Thank you for letting me know.
        > What a wonderful accomplishment to write two books!!! Congratulations.
        > Thanks again,
        > Candy
        >
        > Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:
        > Candy--
        >
        > Just wanted to let you know that Webheads figure VERY prominently in
        > the two books I did for TESOL last year: Learning Languages through
        > Technology (ed. with Sarah Rilling), and CALL Environments: Research,
        > Practice, and Critical Issues, 2nd ed. (ed. with Joy Egbert).
        >
        > Hope you all have a chance to have a look at them.
        >
        > Cheers--
        > --Elizabeth
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
        > <pauchnick@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Vance and Yaodong,
        > > [snip]
        > >
        > > My true wishes are that the Webhead group could have a FRONT PAGE
        > splash in the New York Times Newspaper. Now THAT would be awesome!!!
        > All of you are so worthy of such a long article. Actually, the
        > newspaper should make a special magazine just reporting all the
        > activities you do. Now that I think about it...... is anyone writing a
        > book about all of you? Seriously! Is anyone? Vance, I know you write
        > for many publications but is anyone actually writing a book? I've been
        > out of the link with all of you for so long I don't know all you have
        > done. I still have all your emails and do treat myself with reading
        > about many things you do but I have not been able to keep up with
        > everything.
        > >
        > > I sure want to jump back into your activites. Hopefully I can soon.
        > > All of you are the absolute BEST!!!!
        > >
        > > Many warm hugs to all,
        > > Candy
        > >
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >






        ---------------------------------
        Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Candy-- I know TESOL doesn t have the simplest of Websites B-) When you get to the list of books, click on the shopping cart and it will ask you either to sign
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 2, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          Candy--

          I know TESOL doesn't have the simplest of Websites B-)

          When you get to the list of books, click on the shopping cart and it
          will ask you either to sign in OR to create a new account (this is not
          a membership in TESOL):

          " If you are new, please click the "Sign up as new user" link below so
          your request can be processed and your account will be remembered for
          future transactions."

          I also found it on Amazon, which is the same price as the non-member
          price at TESOL.

          BTW, LLTT is a set of case studies, while CALL Environments has both
          research articles and practice using the research (be sure you get the
          2nd ed., however).

          Thanks for pursuing this!

          Cheers--
          --Elizabeth



          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
          <pauchnick@...> wrote:
          >
          > Dear Elizabeth,
          >
          > I'm trying to purchase your book: "Learning Languages Through
          Technology" but I can't buy it unless I log in to TESOL. I haven't
          become a member but I thought I could still buy the book even if I
          wasn't a member. Is there a way I can buy the book without become a
          member of TESOL? Since I don't teach students who are speakers of
          other languages I didn't want to actually join TESOL. But I really
          liked the topics in your book and feel I can use some of the
          information in my classes. I also saw so many familiar Webhead names
          in this publication and I would love to have it.
          >
          > I sure would appreciate any guidelines you can give to as to how
          to purchase the book through the TESOL site. :-)
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Candy
          >
          >
        • Candace Pauchnick
          Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for explaining I don t have to become a member of TESOL. I just went through the program and ordered the CALL Environments (2nd Ed.)
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 2, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            Dear Elizabeth,

            Thank you for explaining I don't have to become a member of TESOL. I just went through the program and ordered the CALL Environments (2nd Ed.) I'm so pleased I can get this book. I will enjoy reading what you wrote. Also, when I looked at the chapter reviews I became extremely excited when I saw Datta Kaur Khalsa's name as an author in Chapter 2. She was my professor in my master's program I just finished!!!! What a really small world!!! She helped me with editing my thesis. She's fabulous!!! It took me a couple years but I finally got my Master in Science Educational Technology degree. (That is one big reason why I haven't been very active with the Webheads for the past two years.)

            Now I just can't wait for the book to be delivered!!!!!
            Thanks again for giving me this information!!!
            All the best to you,
            Candy


            Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:
            Candy--

            I know TESOL doesn't have the simplest of Websites B-)

            When you get to the list of books, click on the shopping cart and it
            will ask you either to sign in OR to create a new account (this is not
            a membership in TESOL):

            " If you are new, please click the "Sign up as new user" link below so
            your request can be processed and your account will be remembered for
            future transactions."

            I also found it on Amazon, which is the same price as the non-member
            price at TESOL.

            BTW, LLTT is a set of case studies, while CALL Environments has both
            research articles and practice using the research (be sure you get the
            2nd ed., however).

            Thanks for pursuing this!

            Cheers--
            --Elizabeth

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Candace Pauchnick
            <pauchnick@...> wrote:
            >
            > Dear Elizabeth,
            >
            > I'm trying to purchase your book: "Learning Languages Through
            Technology" but I can't buy it unless I log in to TESOL. I haven't
            become a member but I thought I could still buy the book even if I
            wasn't a member. Is there a way I can buy the book without become a
            member of TESOL? Since I don't teach students who are speakers of
            other languages I didn't want to actually join TESOL. But I really
            liked the topics in your book and feel I can use some of the
            information in my classes. I also saw so many familiar Webhead names
            in this publication and I would love to have it.
            >
            > I sure would appreciate any guidelines you can give to as to how
            to purchase the book through the TESOL site. :-)
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Candy
            >
            >






            ---------------------------------
            Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.