Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: new Googlegroups?

  • sharonbetts
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
      *How do you want to read this group?*
      No Email

      I will read this group on the web
      Abridged Email /(No more than 1 email per day)/

      Get a summary of new activity each day
      Digest Email /(Approximately 1 email per day)/

      Get up to 25 full new messages bundled into a single email
      Email /(Approximately 1 email per day)/

      Send each message to me as it arrives

      No Polls - the new form function in spreadsheets is a possibility.

      We use Picasa for our photos (also a google app).
      Sharon

      Gladys Baya wrote:

      > That sounds interesting, Sharon!
      >
      > Do the new Google groups have offer the different mailing options too
      > (individual messages, daily digest, special notices, no mail)? Weekly
      > digests, by any chance?
      >
      > Polls and photos?
      >
      > If you answer yes to the first question, I'm giving them a new chance
      > with your class...
      >
      > One advantage would be members could collaborated on Google documents,
      > which we cannot do with Yahoo files...
      >
      > Thanks for the tip,
      > Gladys
      >
      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>, "sbetts0"
      > <sharonbetts@...> wrote:
      > The new google groups also has documents, spreadsheets, calendars etc.

    • nelbaq
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2008
        Hi, dear webheads: I have used Yahoo groups for many years and I feel
        very comfortable because they are very complete... but this year I
        will try Google groups to see how participants feel with them.

        I think Google is developing new tools which deserve trying. Besides,
        we can give Google feedback. I usually do and they respond very kindly.
        Hope it helps.
        Love from Argentina,
        Nelba
      • Gladys Baya
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
          Cool! Looks like I'll have to reconsider my groups then...

          Thanks for sharing!
          Gladys

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, sharonbetts
          <sharonbetts@...> wrote:

          > *How do you want to read this group?*
          No Email
          Abridged Email
          Digest Email
          Email

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
            One thing I'm really liking about gmail is when someone sends you an
            attachment you have the option to import it straight into google docs. Your
            attachment opens there, in your space, and you then have the opportunity to
            change it and then share it, and opt to embed the doc in an email sent to
            the originator notifying him/her that you have shared that doc. The
            originator then has the option of working offline with the doc in the email
            and sending you an updated attachment OR contnuing to collaborate with you
            on the GoogleDoc. This really helps me to organize editing projects, and
            imagine what it could do with a class of writing students.

            Vance

            > One advantage would be members could collaborated on Google documents,
            > which we cannot do with Yahoo files...
            >
            > Thanks for the tip,
            > Gladys
            >
            > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "sbetts0"
            > <sharonbetts@...> wrote:
            > The new google groups also has documents, spreadsheets, calendars etc.
          • Nina Liakos
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
              Visiting my google groups today in connection with my EV fair
              presentation, I was pleased to discover the new features they've
              added. I still prefer the yahoogroups look, though--it seems
              friendlier. Maybe googlegroups are customizable, though.