Re:TESOL 2003 colloquium

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2002
      Dear Vance, Dafne, Teresa, Chris, Aiden, Buthaina, and
      Michael,
      I would very much like to participate in this group
      presentation. I admit that I haven't been following
      the details too closely but I'm sure I could be
      brought up to speed quickly and hopefully can be a
      worthy addition to this team. Being in Baltimore in
      the spring is not a problem either.
      All the best,
      Arlyn
      http://www.eslhome.com

      Message: 5
      Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:18:16 +0400
      From: Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>
      Subject: Re: TESOL 2003 colloquium: Communities of
      practice online

      Hello all,

      This is to update you on the latest regarding
      composition of our
      proposed colloquium panel: Communities of practice
      online: Reflection through
      experience and experiment with the Webheads community
      of language
      learners and practitioners

      At present the colloquium presenters are listed as
      Vance Stevens, Arif Altun, Dafne Gonzalez, Teresa
      d'Eca, Chris Jones,
      Aiden Yeh, Michael Coghlan

      Arif Altun has since informed me that it is not
      possible that he can be
      in Baltimore in April and therefore he will have to
      withdraw. Buthaina
      Othman had expressed an interest in joining us and I
      have approached
      her to take Arif's place. However, she is uncertain
      whether she will be
      able to attend and has asked me to use my discretion
      in finding a
      replacement. Therefore I feel it prudent and
      appropriate to take this
      course of action:

      I would like to know if there is anyone in this group
      that would
      definitely be able to attend the TESOL Conference this
      March, who is willing
      to participate in our colloquium on Communities of
      Practice as a
      panelist March 26, 9:30 am, and who is willing also to
      participate in the
      lead-in EVOnline session as a co-moderator for one
      week between January
      and March. If so, and if you can let me know by
      November 14, then I can
      put you down in TESOL's records in place of Arif.

      If there is no one available meeting these conditions
      then I will
      decide in consultation with Buthaina whether to put
      her in Rif's place or
      let Rif's place lapse. I must inform TESOL of the
      definitive composition
      of our panel by Nov 15.

      As far as I know, both Rif and Buthaina are still
      planning to
      participate in our January to March EVOnline session.

      I will be in touch shortly regarding organization of
      the Jan-Mar
      EVOnline session. I plan to use this list for
      communications in that regard.
      My intent is to bring participants in this year's
      EVOnline sessions
      into this ongoing community of practice, while
      exploring in concert with
      the members of this community what communities of
      practice are, how they
      form and function (with particular reference to this
      one), and how they
      influence the practice of the individual members
      (again, wrt this
      community).

      I hope that is agreeable to all concerned. Feel free
      to voice your
      objection, or encouragement, or suggestions.

      Vance

      =====
      Your new home for ESL...http://www.eslhome.com

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2002
        Dear Arlyn,

        Speaking for myself, all I can say is 'welcome aboard'! You certainly are a
        great addition.

        Hope to meet you f2f in Baltimore!

        Best, Teresa

        > Dear Vance, Dafne, Teresa, Chris, Aiden, Buthaina, and
        > Michael,
        > I would very much like to participate in this group
        > presentation. I admit that I haven't been following
        > the details too closely but I'm sure I could be
        > brought up to speed quickly and hopefully can be a
        > worthy addition to this team. Being in Baltimore in
        > the spring is not a problem either.
        > All the best,
        > Arlyn
        > http://www.eslhome.com
      • dafne Chavez
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2002
          same here, Arlyn
          Daf
          Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:Dear Arlyn,

          Speaking for myself, all I can say is 'welcome aboard'! You certainly are a
          great addition.

          Hope to meet you f2f in Baltimore!

          Best, Teresa

          > Dear Vance, Dafne, Teresa, Chris, Aiden, Buthaina, and
          > Michael,
          > I would very much like to participate in this group
          > presentation. I admit that I haven't been following
          > the details too closely but I'm sure I could be
          > brought up to speed quickly and hopefully can be a
          > worthy addition to this team. Being in Baltimore in
          > the spring is not a problem either.
          > All the best,
          > Arlyn
          > http://www.eslhome.com

          Syllabus:

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2002
            I second that, Arlyn, welcome aboard and I really look forward to meeting you (all of you-presenters) f2f next year.

            hugs,

            Aiden Yeh

            Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:Dear Arlyn,

            Speaking for myself, all I can say is 'welcome aboard'! You certainly are a
            great addition.

            Hope to meet you f2f in Baltimore!

            Best, Teresa

            > Dear Vance, Dafne, Teresa, Chris, Aiden, Buthaina, and
            > Michael,
            > I would very much like to participate in this group
            > presentation. I admit that I haven't been following
            > the details too closely but I'm sure I could be
            > brought up to speed quickly and hopefully can be a
            > worthy addition to this team. Being in Baltimore in
            > the spring is not a problem either.
            > All the best,
            > Arlyn
            > http://www.eslhome.com

            Syllabus:

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2002
              Hi Arlyn,

              Allow me to echo the welcome and say glad to have you on board. I'll hold off writing TESOL for a few days yet. We have until the 15th.

              We need you now to visit
              http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/tesol/baltimore2003/copractice.html#workshop

              and schedule yourself in as co-moderator of the topic(s) that most interest you.

              Let me know,

              Vance

            • edtec2002
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2002
                Hi, Arlyn,

                I just wanted to add my welcome. I look forward to working with you.

                Chris

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@y...>