Re: [efiwebheads] hi,Sea

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2002
      We DID use webcams, didn't we.

      It turned into an interesting evening. First there was the Halloween party, with everyone in costume. Then Christopher showed us video (and sound) clips of him performing in costume at a Halloween party as a member of a rock band, and then Webheads got out their web cams AND guitars and started jamming around the world.

      Just three things to add ...

      (1) For those who have been asking, we do this EVERY Sunday noon GMT. We meet at http://www.tappedin.org For those who are interested, we broadcast video and voice using Yahoo Messenger. We stop at around 14:00 GMT.

      (2) Normally I participate in this and in fact I even went home to fetch my web cam and brought it back to work with me. I was able to stay in Tapped In via our LAN which now allows Tapped In (but not voice or video). For voice and video I need to go on the dialup and our Internet connection is terrible at work. It frequently cuts out, would not connect me to more than one web cam at a time, and kept dropping my broadcast even when the dialup connection remained. Next Sunday, I will connect from my DSL at home. I'll have my guitar there (HINT HINT) and a solid connection speed. I will return!

      (3) If anyone took screen shots of the fun, please send me the cropped jpgs.

      p.s. We're meeting at http://www.tappedin.org with Annapurna, one of the webheads students who can't make it on Sundays, at 16:00 GMT Nov 5.

      Thanks,

      Vance