Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Virtual postcards, animated with sound etc

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      Susanne,

      Keep doing what you keep doing!!

      Someone was in a bad mood. Don't let it bother you.

      I'm creating a website for our event. Any contributions? (Links would be
      ideal)

      http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/hallowebhead.htm

      Vance

      s.nyrop@... wrote:

      > Happy Halloween!
      >
      > those virtual greetings for the special occasions, like
      > christmas, thanksgiving, chanukka or even personal birthday
      > greetings, are a fun and natural way to establish some
      > friendship in this invisible Webheads community of sharing
      > ideas and learning moments. But I've realized that some
      > people may find it ridiculous. Life has so many aspects, and
      > we are all different. And, I admit that unidentified files may
      > be a pester. Just that i feel comfortable with an innocent
      > postcard from Yahoo, mailed by a known friend.
      >
      > Hugs, Susanne
      >
      > PS
      > See you in Tapped In this Sunday at noon GMT for our
      > yearly Halloween party. Drescode: scary and ugly

      > For more information:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
      >
      > Syllabus:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

    • Maria Albers de Urriola
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
        In Venezuela, 5 years ago most common people didn't even know what Halloween
        was. Nowadays, despite our country's situation, in almost every school or
        mall the decoration is related to this celebration.
        http://www.halloweenkitchen.com/
        http://www.101halloweenideas.com/halloween_ideas_01.html
        In preparing material for the EFL students I found the above sites, which I
        would like to share with all of you.
        Greetings,
        MarĂ­a Irene

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > For more information:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
        >
        > Syllabus:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

      • Ismail Fayed
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
          Dear Dafne, Susanne and all,

          Good to hear from you both and to know you are getting better Dafne. I
          agree with Susanne's openion about such virtual animated postcards or
          "flashy" files. Most of these files or (movies) are produced with Flash
          applications or other more complicated with programming applications
          which link to flash as well. I realized lately how this program is
          marvellous in producing all various kinds of animated files with images,
          shapes, sounds, hyer interactive movements and other interesting tricks.
          These are all, I think, important and very attractive elements for
          language learning and for brwosing in general if you agree.

          I have started recently a flash course which is for beginners like me.
          The program is not so difficult. It requires you to organize your ideas,
          get so information about the graphic tools included which is almost
          similar to photoshop and then how to animate the objects and make your
          own scenario. Most of the efforts will be in brainstorming new ideas or
          "Halloween cards" and use it in an appropriate way.

          Hope to know more about it and how to use, I may try to make some cards
          for web heads too ;)
          Ismail.
        • dafne Chavez
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            Dear Ismail,
            Thanks for your concern about my health, it is so good to know that there are people physically far but close in spirit wishing you well.
            I am delighted to know that you are taking a course on "Flash". I have the Flash 5 software, and I have been meaning to get some practice by myself but I have not had the time to do so yet.
            Let us know about your advances!
            Cheers,
            Dafne

            Ismail Fayed <ifayed@...> wrote:Dear Dafne, Susanne and all,