Another Live Interactive Webcast - Dr. James Frankel - 02/02 15:00 GMT/UTC

  • Elderbob
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 9:04 AM
      Lee Baber and I are doing some live webcast centered around bringing
      music into the classroom in the EVO 08 experience. We thought that
      some of our speakers would be interesting to all of you, so we are
      issuing an open invitation to anyone in this group or in the new BAW
      08 group to join us. The information you need is below. Join us.

      Lee Baber's new Live WebBridges (http://musicbridge.com/live) site is
      up and running and to celebrate, we are bringing in Dr. James Frankel
      as our first guest interview. You can also get to the Live area by
      clicking on the "Live" tab at the MusicBridges
      Drupal(http://musicbridge.com/).

      Dr. Frankel is the Managing Director of
      SoundTree(http://www.soundtree.com/welcome.asp), the educational
      division of Korg USA(http://www.korgusa.com/korgusa/index.asp), a
      registered Professional Development Provider for the State of New
      Jersey, a teacher with more than 15 years of teaching instrumental and
      general music at the elementary and middle school levels in New Jersey
      where he has incorporated music technology throughout his teaching
      environment, author of over 50 wonderful articles on music and
      education, an Adjunct Faculty member at both Teachers College Columbia
      University and Montclair State University where he teaches courses on
      music technology, and creator of The Music Technology in Education
      blog(http://jamesfrankel.musiced.net/). Take some time to peruse some
      of his work at his archive at the Dr James Frankel
      homepage(http://www.jamesfrankel.com/). What an awesome educator and
      music promoter. We are so lucky to have him consent to an interview.

      Again, we will be webcasting via Lee's Live WebBridges
      (http://musicbridge.com/live). Just go to the page, and click on the
      arrow in the EdTech Talk Ustream window on the right or text chat into
      the text chat box (just choose a username, no password is required).
      Everything is pretty self explanatory. Dr. Frankel will make a
      presentation and answer some interview questions from Elderbob and
      Lee, and then you will be invited to log in on Skype and ask questions
      or make direct comment to Dr. Frankel.

      If you miss the live session, we will also be recording it, and will
      try to get it back online on the following day, so everyone will have
      an opportunity to hear Dr. Frankel.

      I hope to see you all there.

      IF you have any questions about the applications, email or Skype
      either me or Lee, and we will do our best to make sure you have a
      satisfactory experience.

      Elderbob