underwater cable being severed off

  • Hala
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Same here,Vance.

      Hala
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Thanks for sharing your delicious links, Vance. At SMiELT
        <http://dekita.org/smielt> , this will be our next topic of
        conversation/collaboration so it comes in handy. We have compiled our
        own reading list here:
        http://dekita.org/smielt/primer/reading-list/#microblogging
        and tutorials here:
        http://dekita.org/smielt/primer/tools-and-tutorials/#microblogging

        I have been using twitter during my trip and it has allowed me not
        only to check what people are up to but also to update family and
        friends on my whereabouts and meet kindred twitterers and bloggers
        along the way. Check: http://www.twitter.com/bdieu
        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Ours just came back a half hour ago. Nice break from Internet earlier
          today. My kids are both around so we just hung out looking at photos.
          Trying to grab in a YouTube now, a bit slow, but works. I saw Hala's tweets
          from 4 hours ago, so something must be working in Sudan. Everyone's writing
          about twitter it seems (Hala seems to be wondering why). This is an
          interesting post because it asks that WHY question
          http://gnuosphere.wordpress.com/2008/01/28/questioning-twitter/ and the
          answers come in the comments. I've been accumulating other explications of
          why bother with twitter at my delicious acct
          http://del.icio.us/vancestevens/twitter

          Oh and Larry, nice portal for your best-of-lists.

          Back and happy online and wondering for how long