Re: Favourite Grammar Sites?

  • Dennis Oliver
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
      Marhaba, Vance.

      In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #17560), you wrote:

      Thanks Dennis, I particularly like the way you ask a question but then
      divulge what you know already. So helpful.

      -----> Actually, the question was Michael's original subject
      information. I've read all the other suggested links, and when I
      compared them with what I have linked on one of my Web pages, I saw that
      some good sites were missing. You have some of them on your
      vancestevens.com site, by the way.

      I've taken what you know and added it to what I know.

      If you find I've got any bad links from years back, let me know.

      http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

      Vance

      -----> I've found that there are problems with a number of items from
      your vancestevens.com grammar page: the links are either dead or have
      been changed.

      Dolors Permanyer's Grammar Links Page

      You have a typo here: *grammer. Also, most of the links on this page are
      dead or incorrect.

      Mark Sellers' Grammar Links Page

      This "comprehensive grammar links page" is not comprehensive, and about
      75% of his links are either dead or have been changed. Also, a number of
      links are repeated.

      LinguaCenter's Grammar Safari

      The link has been changed to
      http://www.iei.uiuc.edu/student_grammarsafari.html .

      CNN Newsroom Grammar Activities

      This link is still accessible, but it leads to a 404 ("Page Not Found")
      message.

      Charles Kelly's Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students

      Here's a better link: http://a4esl.org/ .

      Guide to Grammar and Writing

      This link has been changed to http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/ .

      Grammar Help by Ruth Vilmi

      This page has been removed from the HUT server. Ruth has her own site,
      and it has a grammar resources section, but the resources at Ruth's site
      are different from her Help
      Pages.http://www.writeit.fi/ruth/writeit-resources-grammar/

      Phrasal Verb Drink Dispenser

      The correct ink is http://www.stuff.co.uk/phrasal2.htm .

      I hope the above is useful.

      All the best--

      Dennis in Phoenix

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
        Marhabatain ya Dennis,

        I was waiting for you to call me on that one. Your post was first up when I
        woke up this morning. Only later did I realize that there were a LOT of
        earlier messages on the same topic.

        No matter, it's given me an excuse to update
        http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

        Working on it, taking on input from all those OTHER messages now.

        AND yours of course ... many corrections have just been made.

        Thanks very much for taking the time to contribute.

        :-)