Re: Favourite Grammar Sites?

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
      I don´t think anyone has mentioned ESL Blues yet:
      http://ww2.college-em.qc.ca/prof/epritchard/

      Jane

    • Dennis Oliver
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
        Marhaba, Vance.

        In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #17560), you wrote:

        Thanks Dennis, I particularly like the way you ask a question but then
        divulge what you know already. So helpful.

        -----> Actually, the question was Michael's original subject
        information. I've read all the other suggested links, and when I
        compared them with what I have linked on one of my Web pages, I saw that
        some good sites were missing. You have some of them on your
        vancestevens.com site, by the way.

        I've taken what you know and added it to what I know.

        If you find I've got any bad links from years back, let me know.

        http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

        Vance

        -----> I've found that there are problems with a number of items from
        your vancestevens.com grammar page: the links are either dead or have
        been changed.

        Dolors Permanyer's Grammar Links Page

        You have a typo here: *grammer. Also, most of the links on this page are
        dead or incorrect.

        Mark Sellers' Grammar Links Page

        This "comprehensive grammar links page" is not comprehensive, and about
        75% of his links are either dead or have been changed. Also, a number of
        links are repeated.

        LinguaCenter's Grammar Safari

        The link has been changed to
        http://www.iei.uiuc.edu/student_grammarsafari.html .

        CNN Newsroom Grammar Activities

        This link is still accessible, but it leads to a 404 ("Page Not Found")
        message.

        Charles Kelly's Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students

        Here's a better link: http://a4esl.org/ .

        Guide to Grammar and Writing

        This link has been changed to http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/ .

        Grammar Help by Ruth Vilmi

        This page has been removed from the HUT server. Ruth has her own site,
        and it has a grammar resources section, but the resources at Ruth's site
        are different from her Help
        Pages.http://www.writeit.fi/ruth/writeit-resources-grammar/

        Phrasal Verb Drink Dispenser

        The correct ink is http://www.stuff.co.uk/phrasal2.htm .

        I hope the above is useful.

        All the best--

        Dennis in Phoenix

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
          Marhabatain ya Dennis,

          I was waiting for you to call me on that one. Your post was first up when I
          woke up this morning. Only later did I realize that there were a LOT of
          earlier messages on the same topic.

          No matter, it's given me an excuse to update
          http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

          Working on it, taking on input from all those OTHER messages now.

          AND yours of course ... many corrections have just been made.

          Thanks very much for taking the time to contribute.

          :-)