Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Favourite Grammar Sites?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2008
      Thanks Dennis, I particularly like the way you ask a question but then
      divulge what you know already. So helpful.

      I've taken what you know and added it to what I know.

      If you find I've got any bad links from years back, let me know.

      http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
        I don´t think anyone has mentioned ESL Blues yet:
        http://ww2.college-em.qc.ca/prof/epritchard/

        Jane

      • Dennis Oliver
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
          Marhaba, Vance.

          In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message #17560), you wrote:

          Thanks Dennis, I particularly like the way you ask a question but then
          divulge what you know already. So helpful.

          -----> Actually, the question was Michael's original subject
          information. I've read all the other suggested links, and when I
          compared them with what I have linked on one of my Web pages, I saw that
          some good sites were missing. You have some of them on your
          vancestevens.com site, by the way.

          I've taken what you know and added it to what I know.

          If you find I've got any bad links from years back, let me know.

          http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

          Vance

          -----> I've found that there are problems with a number of items from
          your vancestevens.com grammar page: the links are either dead or have
          been changed.

          Dolors Permanyer's Grammar Links Page

          You have a typo here: *grammer. Also, most of the links on this page are
          dead or incorrect.

          Mark Sellers' Grammar Links Page

          This "comprehensive grammar links page" is not comprehensive, and about
          75% of his links are either dead or have been changed. Also, a number of
          links are repeated.

          LinguaCenter's Grammar Safari

          The link has been changed to
          http://www.iei.uiuc.edu/student_grammarsafari.html .

          CNN Newsroom Grammar Activities

          This link is still accessible, but it leads to a 404 ("Page Not Found")
          message.

          Charles Kelly's Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students

          Here's a better link: http://a4esl.org/ .

          Guide to Grammar and Writing

          This link has been changed to http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/ .

          Grammar Help by Ruth Vilmi

          This page has been removed from the HUT server. Ruth has her own site,
          and it has a grammar resources section, but the resources at Ruth's site
          are different from her Help
          Pages.http://www.writeit.fi/ruth/writeit-resources-grammar/

          Phrasal Verb Drink Dispenser

          The correct ink is http://www.stuff.co.uk/phrasal2.htm .

          I hope the above is useful.

          All the best--

          Dennis in Phoenix

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
            Marhabatain ya Dennis,

            I was waiting for you to call me on that one. Your post was first up when I
            woke up this morning. Only later did I realize that there were a LOT of
            earlier messages on the same topic.

            No matter, it's given me an excuse to update
            http://www.vancestevens.com/grammar.htm

            Working on it, taking on input from all those OTHER messages now.

            AND yours of course ... many corrections have just been made.

            Thanks very much for taking the time to contribute.

            :-)