Happy New Year!

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi everyone.

      It's already 2008 Down Under and all the fireworks seem to have
      finished. I've been sitting outside on a very warm night listening to
      them. (can't see them from my backyard)

      Thank you all for another wonderful webhead year - for all that you
      teach me and the friendship this group offers. I still see little
      evidence of any other group online that displays this level of
      professional and personal interaction - it's priceless. Ten years on
      and I still feel very privileged to be part of this group. Thank you
      one and all.

      A very Happy New Year everyone,

      - Michael.

    • Joao Alves
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
        Thank you very much, Michael. You're absolutely right. This is the most
        amazing group I have ever known. Friendship and willingness to help are the
        most important features of this fantastic group. I feel grateful to belong
        to a group like this. I have learned a lot since I joined early this year
        and I wish I had found you earlier.

        I wish you and your family all the best for 2008.

        Joao

        On 31/12/2007, Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > It's already 2008 Down Under and all the fireworks seem to have
        > finished. I've been sitting outside on a very warm night listening to
        > them. (can't see them from my backyard)
        >
        > Thank you all for another wonderful webhead year - for all that you
        > teach me and the friendship this group offers. I still see little
        > evidence of any other group online that displays this level of
        > professional and personal interaction - it's priceless. Ten years on
        > and I still feel very privileged to be part of this group. Thank you
        > one and all.
        >
        > A very Happy New Year everyone,
        >
        > - Michael.

        Joao Alves

      • Michael Marzio
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
          Joao, Michael, and all,

          I think the "Friendship and willingness to help" you mention are
          qualities that we find in Vance, who has attracted like-minded people
          from the very beginning.

          Combine this with a keen mind and curiosity and playfulness... 2008
          has got to be another "best year" for Webheads

          Mike

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Joao Alves"

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
            Hi, Michael!

            I'm still 5 hours away from 2008!

            Happy New Year to you all, including my friend Joti. How is he?

            Beijinhos, Teresa <:-))

            > Hi everyone.
            >
            > It's already 2008 Down Under and all the fireworks seem to have
            > finished. I've been sitting outside on a very warm night listening to
            > them. (can't see them from my backyard)
            >
            > Thank you all for another wonderful webhead year - for all that you
            > teach me and the friendship this group offers. I still see little
            > evidence of any other group online that displays this level of
            > professional and personal interaction - it's priceless. Ten years on
            > and I still feel very privileged to be part of this group. Thank you
            > one and all.
            >
            > A very Happy New Year everyone,
            >
            > - Michael.
          • Barbara Dieu
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
              Happy New Year from Sydney, where it is now 8:30 am. I saw a firework
              session for children around the Harbour Bridge from East Balmain
              (peninsula)at nine pm and then met friends at Camperdown (higher up on
              the hill) , from where we watched the midnight spectacle from the
              hill. Fabulous!
              We've had wonderful weather until now - sunny days, blue sky and light
              breeze - starting to get a tan.
              Aussies are friendly and welcoming and making a lot of new friends
              here and meeting Michael at the end of the month in Melbourne for the
              Linux Conference, where I will be talking about the Webheads, EVO and
              Social Media in ELT.
              Warm regards from OZ,
              Bee

              --
              Barbara Dieu
              http://dekita.org
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
                Happy New Year Teresa! See 2 pix of Joti at
                http://flickr.com/photos/mikecogh/ He was home for a few days at
                Christmas and is now back in Aceh.

                - Michael.

                At 05:35 AM 1/1/2008, you wrote:

                >Hi, Michael!
                >
                >I'm still 5 hours away from 2008!
                >
                >Happy New Year to you all, including my friend Joti. How is he?
                >
                >Beijinhos, Teresa <:-))
                >
                > > Hi everyone.
                > >
                > > It's already 2008 Down Under and all the fireworks seem to have
                > > finished. I've been sitting outside on a very warm night listening to
                > > them. (can't see them from my backyard)
                > >
                > > Thank you all for another wonderful webhead year - for all that you
                > > teach me and the friendship this group offers. I still see little
                > > evidence of any other group online that displays this level of
                > > professional and personal interaction - it's priceless. Ten years on
                > > and I still feel very privileged to be part of this group. Thank you
                > > one and all.
                > >
                > > A very Happy New Year everyone,
                > >
                > > - Michael.

              • Susana Canelo

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
                    Dear Bee,

                    Happy 2008 to you and your family!!!! <:-)

                    It has started in the best way, in Sydney harbor, enjoying the fabulous
                    atmosphere and fireworks. That's one place I would to be at New Year's some
                    day. The other is Times Square.

                    Enjoy your stay and please keep us posted! Is there any blog or wiki for the
                    special year in your life?

                    Best wishes for this New Year!

                    Beijinhos, Teresa