Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sunday's tappedin + ivisit

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2002
      Teresa Almeida d'Eça wrote:

      > I guess that going back and maybe trying things out will help me, though if somebody is willing to explain a couple of relevant things in broad terms, I'd appreciate it. For example,
      > -- I was never able to get a pet. I tried clicking a few times on the option that showed up when I clicked Supplies - basically the Vending Machine option, though I also clicked on Cat and Dog -, but nothing happened, I guess because I didn't know how to go from there; and,
      > -- I got the idea that when the 'What's here' window is open, (double)clicking (?) on an icon will produce an effect. Does it? What kind of effect?
      >
      > These are a couple of the barriers I remember from yesterday. One last question: should I become a member or just continue logging in as a Guest?

      I am a beginner when it comes to making pets too, and I intend to go back over my logs of the session and try and resurrect my little pet Meowse. I suspect from someone else's email that Susanne may have absconded with him. Or maybe he was swept away into the cyberdustbin, as I went off and left him. Well, whatever, I think your inability to realize affects may be because you weren't logged on as a member. We've documented how to log on, but someone, how do you become a member of Tapped In?

      To answer my own question, I just found this in Keiko's contribution to the Syllabus, Week 2
      http://www.tappedin.sri.com/info/membership.html

      > The iVisit part wasn't a problem, because I'd tried it a few times before. Though I have a Quick cam, I've never been able to see video of other people. I only get still images. And sometimes the audio works well, other times it doesn't. I have a DSL connection, if that helps whoever is willing to give me some hints. Or we may just leave it for next week and just go by 'trial and error'!

      Susanne has written some brief instructions for iVisit. There are at Week 3 here:

      If anyone can add to them, we'll append your instructions here.

      > All of these communication tools are totally new for me, that's why I decided to join this group. I know it's going to be very useful and fun.

      You bet! They were new to all of us not that long ago.