Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Webheads in Global Learn Day 6

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2002
      Hello Webheads,

      The GLD6 ship sailed fast this year and had arrived at our stop at perhaps noon plus 30 GMT, between then and 13:00. That is, many of us had assembled for our usual online class time, many of us had joined the GLD6 chat line, and we were listening to the presentations and interaction there and were casually chatting with each other when we discovered that we were up next. About half a dozen webheads were present and listening to the presentation, and another half dozen were at Tapped In but not listening for one reason or another, and as quickly as that it was over and done with. I think it was a nice presentation, appreciated by all in the audience, and one of many around that time that were quite revelatory as to the scope of online initiatives taking place in the world today. It's really amazing to participate in such an event as this and find out something about the scope of grass roots efforts under way toward seeding and rewarding accomplishment in online endeavor. I'm humbled, personally. But I'm also proud of Webheads. I'm often the default spokesman but it could not be possible if not for each of you.

      My apologies to those who were led to believe the presentation would be after 14:00 GMT. I myself left the chat rooms shortly after that. I'm sure there will be other opportunities and I appreciate everyone's support even if we did not meet personally online this time. I hope you were able to join in the GLD6 activities and that you benefited from them.

      Once again, thanks to all,

      Vance

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2002
        Yes, I know that operations are never 100% safe, but on the other hand they often cure what ails you. Please write us the day after.

        Best wishes for your continued good health,

        Vance

        Aiden Yeh wrote:

        > Dafne,
        > Oh, i'm so sorry to hear about your health? I hope that you could recover soon, we miss you, Daf. We may not be there physically, but rest assured that you are in our thoughts, and you're definitely in our prayers. Everything will be fine- you'll see.
        > Get well soon...
        > hugs,
        > aiden
        >
        > Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:Hello Everybody, I have been away from my computer for the last weeks
        > because as I mentioneed in one of my messages, since I got to Caracas
        > I haven't been feeling well. I have been to the doctor and after many
        > exams and analysis they have discovered that I have stones in my
        > spleen, so it has to be removed. I will be operated on, but it seems
        > to be a very easy operation according to the surgeon and I will only
        > stay one night at the hospital. So, hopefully, the operation will
        > take place on Monday and on Tuesday I will be home (I say hopefully
        > because the political affaires are the ones that rule our daily
        > activities lately).
        > I will do my best to be at TI tomorrow or at the GLD6 event.
        > Cheers,
        > Daf

      • Ismail Fayed
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 15, 2002
          Dear Daf.

          We are all sorry about you. Hope you will recover and be as active and
          shinning as always. I hope that peace will be back again to the many
          parts around the wold including your country.

          Hearty wishes,
          Ismail.
        • Christopher Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2002
            Dear Dafne,

            I wish you a speedy recovery and we're looking forward to having you back online with us.

            All the best,

            Chris