Re: PowerPoint plus sound file together somewhere?

  • Bill Williams
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 5, 2007
      A question for Eric, Dafne or others who have worked with this area:
      Can you recommend a host to make this kind of file accessible online
      (i.e. Powerpoint with audio, 22Mb)?

      I ask because a student of mine recently created an interesting Ppt
      multimedia presentation based on his research on the origins of civil
      engineering (he recorded voiceover audio to mp3, cut it up with
      Audacity and added commentary to each Ppt slide as discussed earlier
      in this thread) and his work has won the annual merit prize at the
      engineering college where I work (a prize which up to now has always
      been awarded to "engineering" rather than "language" work).

      So I would like to make his presentation accessible online for our
      own and other students. In the past I have used Gcast for blog
      podcasts, Bliptv for videocasts and Yousendit for distributing large
      files but none of these would seem ideal for this purpose. So, I
      would be grateful for any pointers.

      A related issue: with normal Ppt presentations we can preserve their
      integrity by converting to PDF before posting online. There isn't any
      analogous process for Ppt with audio, is there?

      Bill Williams
    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 5, 2007
        Hi Bill,

        Hi Bill,

        I have used Camtasia or CamStudio to record my
        students' PPTs with voice, and then, I have uploaded
        them to YouTube or Toufee: http://www.toufee.com (I
        think Toufee would be a better option for you).

        HTH,

        Daf
        --- Bill Williams <Bill.Williams@...>
        wrote:

        > A question for Eric, Dafne or others who have worked
        > with this area:
        > Can you recommend a host to make this kind of file
        > accessible online
        > (i.e. Powerpoint with audio, 22Mb)?
        >
        > I ask because a student of mine recently created an
        > interesting Ppt
        > multimedia presentation based on his research on the
        > origins of civil
        > engineering (he recorded voiceover audio to mp3, cut
        > it up with
        > Audacity and added commentary to each Ppt slide as
        > discussed earlier
        > in this thread) and his work has won the annual
        > merit prize at the
        > engineering college where I work (a prize which up
        > to now has always
        > been awarded to "engineering" rather than "language"
        > work).
        >
        > So I would like to make his presentation accessible
        > online for our
        > own and other students. In the past I have used
        > Gcast for blog
        > podcasts, Bliptv for videocasts and Yousendit for
        > distributing large
        > files but none of these would seem ideal for this
        > purpose. So, I
        > would be grateful for any pointers.
        >
        > A related issue: with normal Ppt presentations we
        > can preserve their
        > integrity by converting to PDF before posting
        > online. There isn't any
        > analogous process for Ppt with audio, is there?
        >
        > Bill Williams

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 5, 2007
          I forgot to mention that if you don´t have Camtasia,
          you can download the 30-day free trial. Camtasia will
          be incorporated to your Power Point program.

          Daf

          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 5, 2007
            Brilliant solution, Dafne!

            I recently downloaded Camtasia V3 after the special offer was reported
            here (thanks João) and this gives me an opportunity of putting it to
            use (and putting my students to work on it). Converting to Flash also
            resolves the second question I raised and opens up lots of hosting
            possibilities.

            Bill
          • ronald_g2001
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 6, 2007
              Bill,
              You might consider QlipBoard also. I came across it a few days ago but
              haven't yet used it. It allows voice-over and text annotation on slides
              or screenshots or any images that as a presentation can be converted to
              Flash and hosted for free.

              QlipBoard http://www.qlipmedia.com/

              QlipBoard How-to video at the blog: http://qlippin.blogspot.com/
              (Scroll down to How to Make a Multimedia Communication in Minutes
              Without a Camera )

              Ron Gest
            • Tom Zurinskas
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 6, 2007
                An example of Qlipboard use is this tutorial. It has myself illustrating the spellings of the 40 sounds of USA English. It's an overview of truespel phonetic spelling.

                http://www.qlipmedi a.com/ShowQlippi t.php?ID= b76766611faccb35 021e7ead35fa3254 72379292da340f21 17ef56ad25939283

                This link is a Qlippit - a new form of personal communication that, with one click, lets you seamlessly send a voice message containing pictures, text and drawings. You may need to turn on your speakers. To reply by making your own Qlippits, get QlipBoard for free at http://www.qlipmedi a.com. Very easy to use.

                See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

                > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                > From: gestr@...
                > Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:11:59 +0000
                > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: PowerPoint plus sound file together somewhere?
                >
                > Bill,
                > You might consider QlipBoard also. I came across it a few days ago but
                > haven't yet used it. It allows voice-over and text annotation on slides
                > or screenshots or any images that as a presentation can be converted to
                > Flash and hosted for free.
                >
                > QlipBoard http://www.qlipmedia.com/
                >
                > QlipBoard How-to video: http://www.qlipmedia.com/watchqlippit.php?
                > flvid=6e3351f246666813de84d9479fc26bba3ec3a320b5175b43fdd0f00dfdd3f053
                >
                > Ron Gest
                >

                > For more information:
                >
                > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Your email settings:
                > Individual Email | Traditional
                >
                > To change settings online go to:
                > (Yahoo! ID required)
                >
                > To change settings via email:
                > mailto:evonline2002_webheads-digest@yahoogroups.com
                > mailto:evonline2002_webheads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now.
              • ronald_g2001
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 6, 2007
                  Bill,
                  You could also try AuthorStream at http://www.authorstream.com/ .

                  Ron Gest
                • Fernanda Rodrigues
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 6, 2007
                    Hi Tom
                    Your url is broken, I can't open it; could you insert it into <>, please?

                    Fernanda

                    On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:42:29 +0000
                    Tom Zurinskas <truespel@...> wrote:

                    > An example of Qlipboard use is this tutorial. It has myself illustrating the spellings of the 40 sounds of USA English. It's an overview of truespel phonetic spelling.
                    >
                    > http://www.qlipmedi a.com/ShowQlippi t.php?ID= b76766611faccb35 021e7ead35fa3254 72379292da340f21 17ef56ad25939283
                    >
                    > This link is a Qlippit - a new form of personal communication that, with one click, lets you seamlessly send a voice message containing pictures, text and drawings. You may need to turn on your speakers. To reply by making your own Qlippits, get QlipBoard for free at http://www.qlipmedi a.com. Very easy to use.
                    >
                    > Tom Zurinskas, USA - CT20, TN3, NJ33, FL5+
                    > See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

                  • wagjuer
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 6, 2007
                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ronald_g2001"
                      <gestr@...> wrote:

                      > Bill,
                      > You could also try AuthorStream at http://www.authorstream.com/ .
                      >
                      > Ron Gest

                      Try making a slidecast. There's a demo to befound at
                      http://www.slideshare.net/faqs/slidecast
                      It's easy and files are rather small as MP3-sound files are used

                      Best regards

                      Jürgen Wagner
                    • Bill Williams
                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 9, 2007
                        Many thanks to Ron, Dafne, Jurgen and Tom,

                        To echo Paddy's recent comments, I'm knocked out by how much info and
                        experience was shared in response to my post. It would have taken me
                        weeks of work to gather and test this knowledge on my own.

                        Bill