Event Reminder: Education@Edunation - Saturday, December 1st 08.00-09.00 SL time

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      apologies for cross-posting...

      just a reminder for the people that have signed up for the first event in
      the Education@Edunation series, which will be taking place tomorrow
      (Saturday 1st December at 08.00-09.00 SL time)

      > The Consultants-E are pleased to announce the first in a new series of
      > monthly events, Education@Edunation:
      >
      > *Title: *SL Teaching Tools
      >
      > *Time: *Saturday 1st December, 08.00-09.00 (SL time)17.00-18.00 (UTC)
      >
      > *Place: *Edunation III *Conference Crossover Space (EduNation III 202, 27,
      > 21)*
      >
      > *Details:* Dudeney Ge will be be giving an introduction to some of the
      > tools available for teaching in Second Life (free gift for teachers
      > included!)
      >
      > *Education@Edunation * <Education@Edunation> is a series of free monthly
      > talks, workshops and discussions on education in-and-outside of Second
      > Life, organised by the Consultants-E (http://www.theconsultants-e.com/)
      >
      > Meet fellow educators and trainers at Edunation III for sessions dealing
      > with:
      >
      > · Teaching Tools
      >
      > · Teacher Training
      >
      > · Gaming & Education
      >
      > · Materials Design
      >
      > · Language Education
      >
      > and many more...from seminars to *pecha kucha* sessions
      >
      > *Location*
      >
      > The events will take place in the Seminar Area of EduNation III, one of
      > the Consultants-E sims in Second Life. You can find the island using the
      > Search facility in Second Life, or by following this URL: *
      > http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edunation%20III/202/27/21/ *<http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edunation%20III/202/27/21/%20>
      >
      > You can also go directly to *EduNation III- 202, 27, 21*
      >
      > *Maximum 100 particpants (click the sign on* *Edunation III to register)*
      >
      > Each event has a limit of 100 participants, so you are encouraged to sign
      > up early to avoid disappointment. You can sign up for the event in-world by
      > clicking the sign on Edunation III or by sending an email to *gavin.dudeney@...
      > * <gavin.dudeney@...>. Please make sure you include the
      > name of the speaker/event you wish to attend. If sign-ups exceed 100, we
      > will put people on a waiting list and they will be moved into the
      > participant list as and when spaces become available.

    • Michael Shade
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        Graham,

        Surely 08.00-09.00 SL time is 16.00-17.00 UTC (not 17.00-18.00) - ie,
        SL time is UTC-8 ? Which is the correct time for the event - I've
        signed up & I'd hate to miss it!

        Regards,

        MIchael
        SL: Misha Writer
        --------------------
        Michael Shade
        michael@...
        http://www.michalska.net
        http://blog.michalska.net/
        http://sanmiguelbajo.pbwiki.com/

      • Gavin Dudeney
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
          Michael,

          You're absolutely correct, of course. Today's seminar will be at:

          08:00 - 09:00 Second Life Time

          16:00 - 17:00 UTC (GMT)

          At the main entry point on EduNation III you'll find a time board which has
          conversions for a wide variety of places each time. However, as with
          everything, confusion is easy. Here's what I always do:

          1) Log in to SL and find out the time difference between SL and me

          2) Look at the event time in Second Life Time (see above)

          3) Make the conversion for me.

          Hope that helps,

          Gavin

          c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

          Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

          <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/> http://www.theconsultants-e.com

          Winners of a 2007 British Council ELTON award - <http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54>
          http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

          Owners of the Second Life EduNation sims - <http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw>
          http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

          Sponsors of the UK Moodle Conference - <http://www.moodlemoot.org/>
          http://www.moodlemoot.org

          CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

          michael@... <mailto:michael%40michalska.net>
          http://www.michalska.net
          http://blog.michalska.net/
          http://sanmiguelbajo.pbwiki.com/

          On 30 Nov 2007, at 20:42, Graham Stanley wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > apologies for cross-posting...
          >
          > just a reminder for the people that have signed up for the first
          > event in
          > the Education@Edunation series, which will be taking place tomorrow
          > (Saturday 1st December at 08.00-09.00 SL time)
          >
          > > The Consultants-E are pleased to announce the first in a new
          > series of
          > > monthly events, Education@Edunation:
          > >
          > > *Title: *SL Teaching Tools
          > >
          > > *Time: *Saturday 1st December, 08.00-09.00 (SL time)17.00-18.00
          > (UTC)
          > >
          > > *Place: *Edunation III *Conference Crossover Space (EduNation III
          > 202, 27,
          > > 21)*
          > >
          > > *Details:* Dudeney Ge will be be giving an introduction to some of
          > the
          > > tools available for teaching in Second Life (free gift for teachers
          > > included!)
          > >
          > > *Education@Edunation * <Education@Edunation> is a series of free
          > monthly
          > > talks, workshops and discussions on education in-and-outside of
          > Second
          > > Life, organised by the Consultants-E (http://www.theconsultants-e.com/
          > )
          > >
          > > Meet fellow educators and trainers at Edunation III for sessions
          > dealing
          > > with:
          > >
          > > . Teaching Tools
          > >
          > > . Teacher Training
          > >
          > > . Gaming & Education
          > >
          > > . Materials Design
          > >
          > > . Language Education
          > >
          > > and many more...from seminars to *pecha kucha* sessions
          > >
          > > *Location*
          > >
          > > The events will take place in the Seminar Area of EduNation III,
          > one of
          > > the Consultants-E sims in Second Life. You can find the island
          > using the
          > > Search facility in Second Life, or by following this URL: *
          > > http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edunation%20III/202/27/21/
          *<http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edunation%20III/202/27/21/%20

          > > You can also go directly to *EduNation III- 202, 27, 21*
          > >
          > > *Maximum 100 particpants (click the sign on* *Edunation III to
          > register)*
          > >
          > > Each event has a limit of 100 participants, so you are encouraged
          > to sign
          > > up early to avoid disappointment. You can sign up for the event in-
          > world by
          > > clicking the sign on Edunation III or by sending an email to
          *gavin.dudeney@...
          <mailto:%2Agavin.dudeney%40theconsultants-e.com>
          > > * <gavin.dudeney@...
          <mailto:gavin.dudeney%40theconsultants-e.com> >. Please make sure you
          > include the
          > > name of the speaker/event you wish to attend. If sign-ups exceed
          > 100, we
          > > will put people on a waiting list and they will be moved into the
          > > participant list as and when spaces become available.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          21:26