traveling and city tours

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      Some of the 4th year students at Shih Chien University will be joining the webheads tonight for their third in a row meeting at the TappedIn. We have managed to divide the students into two groups last Sunday, which went well. However, running to the reception and back to my office was not only tiresome but tracking down who said what was also a brain cracker. BJ and Sus suggested to divide the students into two or three groups and meeting them in the students' Activity Center or at our respective offices. As their teacher, I would like to play a minor role, more of an observer than moderator. I would like my students to have the initiative to ask questions and manage their own learning. Some of them were pretty good in this.

      If we divide the students into 2 or 3 groups, I'd be needing 2 or 3 volunteers to help me moderate the groups (in your own respective offices or a room in the student activity center). We can do this (dividing them up into groups) as soon as they enter the reception area. This way, students are not cluttrered in the reception area. For the other webheads who will be in TI, you are free to join any of the groups.

      For the group moderators, I'd be needing a copy of your transcripts (of the meeting) for grading purposes. Kindly send them to me at aidenyeh@...

      I know Sus can't make it this Sunday (unless your plans have changed, Sus?), anyone? Pleassseeeeee...

      Aiden