Thoughts for Dafne

  • Dennis Oliver
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hello, everyone.

      Earlier today, I read Evelyn's post (message 16871) about
      Dafne González, plus several follow-up posts, and have been
      thinking about Dafne and her family ever since.

      The suggestion that we each call Dafne to relay our "sentido
      pésame" is a good one, but I can't, unfortunately, afford it.
      As a substitute, however, I've created a blog called "Thoughts
      for Dafne." I encourage all of you to continue to post messages
      to Dafne here at EVOnline2002_Webheads, but I also invite you
      to post messages (comments) on the "Thoughts for Dafne" blog--
      and, if you like, to invite others who love and respect Dafne
      to do so as well.

      You can find the blog here:

      <http://thoughts-for-dafne.blogspot.com/>

      Sincerely,

      The Usually-Lurking Dennis in Phoenix
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
        Dearest Dennis,

        Thank you for such a thoughtful and caring idea. :-)

        Beijinhos, Teresa

        <http://thoughts-for-dafne.blogspot.com/>

        Sincerely,

        The Usually-Lurking Dennis in Phoenix
      • Jane Petring
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
          Dennis,
          Once again you have come through with a brilliant and compassionate
          solution--what a lovely idea. I just left a message, however, I might
          suggest that you change the settings for comments because right now
          it is set up so that only people with a google/blogger account can
          leave comments.

          This reminds me so much of the roses you sent to the Webheads at the
          TESOL dinner. Lots of hugs,

          Jane

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Oliver"

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
            Hi, Jane.

            In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message 16903), you wrote
            in part:

            8< - - - snip - - - >8

            " . . . I might suggest that you change the settings for comments
            because right now it is set up so that only people with a
            google/blogger account can leave comments."

            8< - - - snip - - - >8

            Hmm. I thought that I had arranged the settings so that anyone could
            post. I just went back and checked this, and the "anyone can post"
            setting seems to be in effect, but I also remember, vaguely, that
            making comments truly open is sometimes tricky to set up. At the same
            time, I also noticed that in addition to signing in with a
            Google/Blogger identity, two other options are possible: "other" and
            "anonymous."

            I'm grateful for your suggestion, Jane: I certainly don't want anyone
            not to have a chance to add thoughts to/about Dafne and her family.

            Hugs!

            Lurker Dennis
          • Dennis Oliver
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
              Oí, Teresinha.

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com (message 16902), you wrote:

              Dearest Dennis,

              Thank you for such a thoughtful and caring idea. :-)

              Beijinhos, Teresa

              I apologize for not responding to your kind words earlier; somehow I
              missed seeing your message.

              Like you (and so many others), I respect and love Dafne greatly. She
              and you have been unending inspirations to me in many, many ways,
              and I felt something like the "Thoughts for Dafne" blog was
              appropriate. I'm truly gratified that you agree.

              Abraços!

              Dennis
            • Dafne
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
                Dear friends and colleagues,

                I have no words to thank you enough for the support
                you have given me in this very sad moment of my life.
                It was really comforting to read your messages, to
                know that you are with me and my family in your
                prayers. I could not believe my ears when I heard the
                voice of Teresa, Buth and Claire on the phone. I have
                so many emails, private and public, that it would be
                too long a list if I wanted to mention all your names,
                but I need to mention Dennis for the wonderful blog he
                created. I am printing all your messages to keep them
                next to me.

                Thanks for being close to me, for being so thoughtful
                and caring!

                With love,

                Daf

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Maria Irene Albers
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
                  Dear Daf,
                  If the seed you plant is good, then the harvest will be excellent, and all being with you in this moment of your life is a consequence of the way you plant.
                  Greetings
                  Maria Irene

                  I have no words to thank you enough for the support

                  you have given me in this very sad moment of my life.

                  It was really comforting to read your messages, to

                  know that you are with me and my family in your

                  prayers. I could not believe my ears when I heard the

                  voice of Teresa, Buth and Claire on the phone. I have

                  so many emails, private and public, that it would be

                  too long a list if I wanted to mention all your names,

                  but I need to mention Dennis for the wonderful blog he

                  created. I am printing all your messages to keep them

                  next to me.

                  Thanks for being close to me, for being so thoughtful

                  and caring!

                  With love,

                  Daf

                  Do You Yahoo!?