Re:Online-Educa Moscow 2007

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      Moira,
      I loved your Moscow pictures...and was relieved to see how familiar they looked even though it was `76 when I was in Moscow!

      Jane

    • Moira Hunter
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
        Hi Carla,

        Thanks for the link - I remember you posting about this before :-)

        Moira

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
          Dear Moira,
          Congratulations on your successful presentation in Russia!
          I enjoyed your beautiful pictures very much.
          Hugs,
          Cora

          On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Hi all,

          > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow

          > http://moirahunter. multiply. com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow
          and

          > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a
          second

          > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum
          which

          > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and
          Finance,

          > which was a definite eye-opener!

          > Sadly,

          > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from

          > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the
          pictures

          > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should
          have

          > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me
          before

          > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio
          for your

          > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and
          hot) but

          > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan
          with

          > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

          > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of

          > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start.
          But I am

          > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky

          > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my

          > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I
          have

          > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous

          > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and

          > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman
          Foster is

          > there ;-)

          > Cheers

          > Moira

          > Do You Yahoo!?

          > http://mail. yahoo.com

          <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-mkp{<~!B*+R^&>border:1px solid
          #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          0px;}
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
          helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
          #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
          sans-serif;}
          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          clear:both;margin:25px

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
            Hi Cora,

            Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you liked the pictures!
            Hugs back to you :-)
            Moira

            Congratulations on your successful presentation in Russia!

            I enjoyed your beautiful pictures very much.

            Hugs,

            Cora

            On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Hi all,

            > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow

            > http://moirahunter. multiply. com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow

            and

            > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a

            second

            > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum

            which

            > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and

            Finance,

            > which was a definite eye-opener!

            > Sadly,

            > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from

            > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the

            pictures

            > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should

            have

            > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me

            before

            > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio

            for your

            > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and

            hot) but

            > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan

            with

            > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

            > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of

            > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start.

            But I am

            > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky

            > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my

            > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I

            have

            > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous

            > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and

            > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman

            Foster is

            > there ;-)

            > Cheers

            > Moira

            > Do You Yahoo!?

            > http://mail. yahoo.com

            <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-mkp{ <~!B*+R^& >border:1px solid

            #d8d8d8;font- family:Arial; margin:14px 0px;padding: 0px 14px;}

            #ygrp-mkp hr{

            border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

            #ygrp-mkp #hd{

            color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px

            0px;}

            #ygrp-mkp #ads{

            margin-bottom: 10px;}

            #ygrp-mkp .ad{

            padding:0 0;}

            #ygrp-mkp .ad a{

            color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}

            -->

            <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{

            font-family: Arial;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{

            margin:10px 0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{

            margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}

            -->

            <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,

            helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

            #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}

            #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,

            sans-serif;}

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}

            #ygrp-text{

            font-family: Georgia;

            }

            #ygrp-text p{

            margin:0 0 1em 0;}

            #ygrp-tpmsgs{

            font-family: Arial;

            clear:both;}

            #ygrp-vitnav{

            padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}

            #ygrp-vitnav a{

            padding:0 1px;}

            #ygrp-actbar{

            clear:both;margin: 25px

            0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }

            #ygrp-actbar .left{

            float:left;white- space:nowrap; }

            .bld{font-weight: bold;}

            #ygrp-grft{

            font-family: Verdana;font- size:77%; padding:15px 0;}

            #ygrp-ft{

            font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px solid #666;

            padding:5px 0;

            }

            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

            padding-bottom: 10px;}

            #ygrp-vital{

            background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

            #ygrp-vital #vithd{

            font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }

            #ygrp-vital ul{

            padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}

            #ygrp-vital ul li{

            list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid #e0ecee;

            }

            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

            font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}

            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

            font-weight: bold;}

            #ygrp-vital a{

            text-decoration: none;}

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{

            text-decoration: underline; }

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

            color:#999;font- size:77%; }

            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

            padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

            padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }

            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

            list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

            text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #nc{

            background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}

            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

            padding:8px 0;}

            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

            font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}

            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

            text-decoration: none;}

            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

            text-decoration: underline; }