Re: Screenshots

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
      Both PC and Mac have ways to take screenshots, Dennis--

      PC: hold down FN and PrtScr to send a copy of the screen to your
      clipboard. Open MS Paint or Photo Shop and >Paste. Saves as a .bmp
      file or can be converted in Photo Shop.

      Mac OS X: open Grab and from the >Capture menu select >Selection or
      >Window. Saves as a .pic file,

      To convert either file to Web format (.jpg), I use Graphic Converter
      (about $35 US for either PC or Mac). However, the quality or
      readability of the screen will depend on how good your monitor/feed is
      to begin with, doesn't it? You can enlarge the print on your screen or
      browser, and that might help with legibility.

      There are also a number of programs that will record motion on your
      screen--a screencast. You didn't say what your purposes were?

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Newson"
      > <djn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can anyone recommend a good, free program for producing readable
      > > screenshots?
      > >
      > > Dennis
      > >
      > > --
      > > Dennis Newson (retired)
      > > University of Osnabrück
      > > GERMANY
      > > Webhead,
      > > Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
      > > Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
        Thanks, Elizabeth.

        My purpose was and is as follows: I'm learning to webcast at the Webcast
        Academy and I want to be able to take screencasts of the many settings that
        are involved in several different programs, and sections within those
        programs so that the tutors can guide me.

        There have been so many answers to this question about screen shots, that,
        as a thank you, I'm planning to list suggestions and post them to the list.

        Dennis